Miami restaurant updates: Ins, Outs and Almosts
The latest in restaurant openings, closings and more.
The latest Miami restaurant openings, closings and coming-soons:
Bianco Gelato: Housemade, organic gelato at 3137 Commodore Plz., Coconut Grove.
Fireman Derek’s: Pies, cookies, shakes and more from “Fireman” Derek Kaplan at 2818 N. Miami Ave., Miami.
Latin House Grill: From food truck to Miami-Dade restaurant and now to Broward: Latin House is open at 9976 Pines Blvd., Pembroke Pines.
Lokum: Mediterranean bar and grill at 1629 Alton Rd., Miami Beach.
MiMo Art Cafe: Coffee shop serving breakfast, lunch, desserts and more at 592 NE 77th St., Miami.
My Ceviche: The fresh-fish haven with locations in South Beach and Brickell just opened its third restaurant, at 5900 SW 73rd St. in South Miami.
Shuckers: Reopened a year after a deck collapse that injured more than 20 people at 1819 79th Street Cswy., North Bay Village.
Ticety Iced Tea Bar: Gourmet teas and French bistro-style dishes at 206 Miracle Mile, Coral Gables.
Choices Cafe: The popular vegan cafe closed its Brickell location to make way for condo development. Choices Kitchen at 711 NW 27th Ave. and Choices Organic Cafe at 646 NE 79th St. remain open.
Prost Wurstgrill: The German-style sausage and beer house flopped in Brickell after less than a month in business.
The Daily: The Biscayne Boulevard sandwich-and-soup spot is opening a location this fall at 959 West Ave., Miami Beach.
Mellow Mushroom: The chill pizza chain is opening at 5701 Sunset Dr., South Miami, this fall, and at 525 N. Federal Hwy., Fort Lauderdale, early next year.
Mignonette: We told you the oyster bar at 210 NE 18th St. was opening Aug. 1. We were wrong. New opening: Aug. 15. For real this time.
Siena Tavern: Crews are hammering away at Fabio Viviani’s new restaurant at 404 Washington Ave., Miami Beach, opening mid-fall.
Stripsteak: Michael Mina’s second restaurant in the Fontainebleau Miami Beach (Michael Mina 74 is the other) will be a spinoff of his successful Las Vegas steakhouse. Opening late fall.
Vintro Kitchen: Plancha-cooked small plates and other dishes are coming Aug. 14 to the restaurant inside the new, boutique Vintro Hotel at 2216 Park Ave., Miami Beach.
- Kitchen changes at Miami Beach restaurants The Dutch and Essensia
- The List: Miami's best foods according to BLT Prime chef Dustin Ward
- Klima debuts paella brunch in South Beach
- Oolite closes kitchen amid eviction proceedings from Miami Beach
- The List: Miami's best foods according to Spiga's Saele Cantoni
- DIRT restaurant to boast clean eating in South Beach
- Gastro moves: GastroPod closes at Aventura Mall, Gastrobar opens in Sunny Isles
- The List: Miami's best bites with Soho Bay's Ricky Sauri
- Jugofresh to open healthy pop-up restaurant in South Beach
- Taste of the Nation serves up food, wine and beer for charity in Miami Beach