Miami Reggae Festival serves up international reggae from across the globe
Ten bands from nine nations will blaze the stage with the best in reggae and culture this Saturday.
For those of us that didn't head up to Orlando for the ultimate annual rivalry game between Florida A&M University and Bethune Cookman Univesity at the Florida Classic, we can make up for it at the 4th Annual Miami Reggae Festival - One Love Nutrifest this Saturday, November 23 from 11AM to 11PM at Peacock Park (2820 McFarlane Road, Coral Gables). Admission is $45, but free before 3PM with can food donations.
This all day family-friendly event features ten bands from nine nations coming together to raise awareness on extreme poverty and of course bringing you the best in international reggae music and culture. But before the music turns up, head out to Peacock Park early for AEROGA Yoga in the Park from 11AM to 12:30PM. Doors open at 10AM for yoga and at 1PM for the concert. Also check out the artisan village of visual arts and handicrafts, various culinary vendors, healthy living seminars and workshops, and an “Artecology Experience” offering interactive games for kids about sustainability.
For tickets and information, visit RockersMovement.com.
12:45pm – Bachaco (from Venezuela)
1:30pm – Causion (from Antigua)
2:15pm – Carroll Thompson (from the United Kingdom)
2:45pm – Black Slate (from the United Kingdom)
3:45pm – Gondwana (from Chile)
5:00pm – Midnite (from St. Croix USVI)
6:15pm – Natiruts (from Brazil)
7:30pm – Tiken Jah Fakoly (from Africa’s Ivory Coast)
8:45pm – Stephen Ragga Marley (from Jamaica)
10:00pm – Cultura Profetica (from Puerto Rico)
- Miami Soul 2016 Black History Month events and celebrations around South Florida
- Miami Soul: Florida Memorial University's Homecoming lineup featuring T.I. in concert, tailgating, and more
- Miami International Boat Show celebrates 75th Anniversary bigger & better February 11-15
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Live jazz, beer tastings, and other things to do in South Florida Jan 28 - Jan 31
- GastroWars Knife-Fight Competition & Craft Beer Pairings
- Martin Luther King, Jr Day celebration events and Day of Service projects throughout South Florida
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Zo's Winter Groove, Big Night in Little Haiti, Wine & Reggae Festival and more
- Florida Grand Opera debuts rarely-performed opera, Bellini’s Norma
- iPic Theaters opens in North Miami Beach for luxury movie going experience
- Funk Fest kicks off the New Year with live performances by Fantasia, New Edition, Doug E. Fresh and more