Miami Reggae Festival serves up international reggae from across the globe
Ten bands from nine nations will blaze the stage with the best in reggae and culture this Saturday.
For those of us that didn't head up to Orlando for the ultimate annual rivalry game between Florida A&M University and Bethune Cookman Univesity at the Florida Classic, we can make up for it at the 4th Annual Miami Reggae Festival - One Love Nutrifest this Saturday, November 23 from 11AM to 11PM at Peacock Park (2820 McFarlane Road, Coral Gables). Admission is $45, but free before 3PM with can food donations.
This all day family-friendly event features ten bands from nine nations coming together to raise awareness on extreme poverty and of course bringing you the best in international reggae music and culture. But before the music turns up, head out to Peacock Park early for AEROGA Yoga in the Park from 11AM to 12:30PM. Doors open at 10AM for yoga and at 1PM for the concert. Also check out the artisan village of visual arts and handicrafts, various culinary vendors, healthy living seminars and workshops, and an “Artecology Experience” offering interactive games for kids about sustainability.
For tickets and information, visit RockersMovement.com.
12:45pm – Bachaco (from Venezuela)
1:30pm – Causion (from Antigua)
2:15pm – Carroll Thompson (from the United Kingdom)
2:45pm – Black Slate (from the United Kingdom)
3:45pm – Gondwana (from Chile)
5:00pm – Midnite (from St. Croix USVI)
6:15pm – Natiruts (from Brazil)
7:30pm – Tiken Jah Fakoly (from Africa’s Ivory Coast)
8:45pm – Stephen Ragga Marley (from Jamaica)
10:00pm – Cultura Profetica (from Puerto Rico)
- Miami Soul Weekly Going Out Guide for things to do and where to go
- Miami Soul on the Scene: Estelle Paints the Town Red with Rosa Regale
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Distinguished Gentlemen event, Sundays at the Bay, and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Big Night in Little Haiti, Soca Reggae Unity party, Soul Centric Miami, and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Rakim performing live, Jamaica Independance party and more
- Miami Soul Travel Series: Luxury Travel Tips from Arabia Escapes
- Love Life and the 411 for August 2014
- Miami Soul on the Scene: VJMedia Mixology with South Florida's Tastemakers and Lifestyle Influencers
- Miami Soul weekend guide: For those weekends when you just want a lounge experience
- Soul of South Florida: Vanessa James