Miami Reggae Festival serves up international reggae from across the globe
Ten bands from nine nations will blaze the stage with the best in reggae and culture this Saturday.
For those of us that didn't head up to Orlando for the ultimate annual rivalry game between Florida A&M University and Bethune Cookman Univesity at the Florida Classic, we can make up for it at the 4th Annual Miami Reggae Festival - One Love Nutrifest this Saturday, November 23 from 11AM to 11PM at Peacock Park (2820 McFarlane Road, Coral Gables). Admission is $45, but free before 3PM with can food donations.
This all day family-friendly event features ten bands from nine nations coming together to raise awareness on extreme poverty and of course bringing you the best in international reggae music and culture. But before the music turns up, head out to Peacock Park early for AEROGA Yoga in the Park from 11AM to 12:30PM. Doors open at 10AM for yoga and at 1PM for the concert. Also check out the artisan village of visual arts and handicrafts, various culinary vendors, healthy living seminars and workshops, and an “Artecology Experience” offering interactive games for kids about sustainability.
For tickets and information, visit RockersMovement.com.
12:45pm – Bachaco (from Venezuela)
1:30pm – Causion (from Antigua)
2:15pm – Carroll Thompson (from the United Kingdom)
2:45pm – Black Slate (from the United Kingdom)
3:45pm – Gondwana (from Chile)
5:00pm – Midnite (from St. Croix USVI)
6:15pm – Natiruts (from Brazil)
7:30pm – Tiken Jah Fakoly (from Africa’s Ivory Coast)
8:45pm – Stephen Ragga Marley (from Jamaica)
10:00pm – Cultura Profetica (from Puerto Rico)
- Noire Miami Travel Series: Black Nomads and Travelistas share their tips on traveling internationally
- Noire Miami weekend guide: Five Shades of Green, Kulcha Shok Muzik, SPEAKtacular, and more
- Love Life and the 411 with Jill Tracey April 10 - April 17
- Noire Miami weekend guide: Mike Epps Comedy Show, Delta Sigma Theta Red Shoe Affair, and more
- Love Life and the 411 April 3 - April 10
- Love Life and the 411 March 27 - April 3
- Noire Miami weekend guide: Questlove Spin Session, Miami Ques Spring Fever, Sunday Soiree, and more
- Live from Jazz in the Gardens 2014: Backstage with Jill Tracey
- The party before the party: Friday night party lineup to kick off Jazz in the Gardens
- Bassist Stanley Clarke to appear at Jazz in the Gardens 2014