Miami native's film C.O.G.coming to O Cinema
When filmmaker Kyle Patrick Alvarez was 15 he read a short story that changed his life: David Sedaris’ autobiographical C.O.G. ( Child of God). Published in the humorist’s 1998 collection, Naked, the tale follows Sedaris’ time working at an apple farm and the unusual characters he met. “ C.O.G. dealt with two things I find really interesting: religion and sexuality,” says Alvarez, who was born in Kendall. “And it dealt with the intersection of these two things in a really funny yet complex way.” Alvarez is excited to bring C.O.G. starring Glee’s Jonathan Groff, to O Cinema, where it opens Friday. “Though I moved around a lot as a kid, Miami is the closest thing I have to a hometown. A lot of my formative years were spent there.”
On Our Radar
- Ian Somerhalder supports fiancee at event
- David Beckham canvasing Miami again?
- Paris Hilton on the red carpet
- Kathie Lee Gifford at Boca Bachannal
- Ex Real Housewives of Miami star arrested
- Local chef a contestant on 'Hell's Kitchen'
- Big Bang Theory star Jim Parsons in Miami
- Dan Aykroyd making stops in Broward
- Scott Disick set to appear at Crazy Horse in Pompano Beach
- Toni Braxton meets up with the Wades at benefit