Miami native, a plus sized model, to appear in HBO show
Miami native Denise Bidot is going places. After working on major spreads for Macy’s, Nordstrom and Lane Bryant, the plus-sized model is turning heads on nuvoTV’s Curvy Girls, which puts the spotlight on full-figured beauties and is currently shooting its second season. Named as one of the “Faces to Watch” by Cosmopolitan Latina, Bidot can be seen on HBO Latino’s docuseries Habla Women premiering 8 p.m. Thursday. “I tell my personal experiences,” says Bidot, who grew up in Kendall. “Being part of such a wonderful project, where Latina women get to share their unique stories to the world, was a dream come true.” As a teen, Bidot says she looked up to shapely women like Salma Hayek, Drew Barrymore, Kate Winslet and “of course, the phenomenal” Jennifer Lopez. Even supermodels don’t have to be stick thin. “Cindy Crawford, Naomi Campbell, Linda Evangelista, Helena Christensen and Claudia Schiffer really proved to me that curves and fashion can work in beautiful harmony,” says Bidot, who currently lives in NYC. “I still think some of the early ’90s images are the best.” Being plus sized doesn’t mean she is consuming cupcakes all day. “I try to eat healthy and stay active,” she says. “I do travel quite and bit and so going to the gym can get tricky at times. I have tried gluten free, but I don’t think dieting is for me.”
On Our Radar
- 5 reasons why everyone should watch Premios Tu Mundo
- Ricky Martin in Miami Beach with Maluma
- Armand Assante remembers 'Mambo Kings' premiere
- Zika cases found in Miami Beach, pregnant women warned to stay away by CDC
- Kanye West's Life of Pablo pop up shop in Miami
- Miami hurdler Brianna Rollins rules!
- Disney princess Aimee Carrero a Miami girl
- Are Anna Kournikova and Enrique Iglesias married?
- 6 things to do so you don't get Zika
- Refrain From Ever Becoming A Plastic Surgery Nightmare with Dr. Nassif's Beauty Tips