Miami Music Festival 2010
The Miami Music Festival returns to South Florida to showcase emerging artists from November 11-14.
The Miami Music Festival, the self-proclaimed "largest multi-genre emerging artist and new music festival in the country," is back for a second go-around with a more concise line-up, an extra day of performances, and an expanded list of venues.
The event, branded as a showcase of new and upcoming artists of all genres, garnered mixed reviews in December 2009, when it took place in Brickell and downtown Miami. The 2010 edition boosts more than 400 performances across the four-day span of November 11 through 14, and will reach out to new neighborhoods, including South Miami, Little Havana and Miami Beach. Main stage performances will take place at Bayfront Park in downtown Miami.
Notable performances at Bayfront Park include '90s rockers the Spin Doctors on Friday, November 12, merengue group Proyecto Uno and The Celia Cruz All-Stars featuring Tito Puente, Jr. on Saturday, November 13, and Atlanta-based rapper Waka Flocka Flame and R&B crooner Mario on Sunday, November 14. Check the full schedule of performances here.
An accompanying two-day conference on November 12 and 13 will take place at the Hyatt Regency Miami on 400 SE 2nd Ave. in Miami. The MMF conference will feature workshops and panels from record label executives offering valuable career advice for emerging artists. Read more information on the conference here.
Four-day festival wristbands are available for advance purchase for $25. Admission to a single venue on one night is $10, or $15 for multiple venues in one night (you must be 21 and older to enter). Performances at Bayfront Park are all ages, and cost $12 for adults and $6 for children under 42". More information on purchasing tickets is available here.
Music in Miami
- Do Not Sit On the Furniture Kicks Off Independence Day Weekend with Nora En Pure
- EC Twins Take Over E11EVEN for Cam Con's Official After Party
- 2015 Summer Music Concert Guide for Miami and South Florida
- Space Welcomes Queen of Techno Nicole Moudaber on Saturday, June 6
- Best of the Best Music Fest brings dancehall, soca and reggae to Miami
- Rec Room Turns Up with DJ Craze Friday, May 15
- Bro Safari drops the beat at Go HARD at the Fillmore
- Win Tickets to See andhim at Treehouse on Thursday, May 14
- Rico Love Launches New Album at E11EVEN Wednesday, May 13
- Serge Devant Talks Club Culture in the U.S.