Miami Music Festival 2010
The Miami Music Festival returns to South Florida to showcase emerging artists from November 11-14.
The Miami Music Festival, the self-proclaimed "largest multi-genre emerging artist and new music festival in the country," is back for a second go-around with a more concise line-up, an extra day of performances, and an expanded list of venues.
The event, branded as a showcase of new and upcoming artists of all genres, garnered mixed reviews in December 2009, when it took place in Brickell and downtown Miami. The 2010 edition boosts more than 400 performances across the four-day span of November 11 through 14, and will reach out to new neighborhoods, including South Miami, Little Havana and Miami Beach. Main stage performances will take place at Bayfront Park in downtown Miami.
Notable performances at Bayfront Park include '90s rockers the Spin Doctors on Friday, November 12, merengue group Proyecto Uno and The Celia Cruz All-Stars featuring Tito Puente, Jr. on Saturday, November 13, and Atlanta-based rapper Waka Flocka Flame and R&B crooner Mario on Sunday, November 14. Check the full schedule of performances here.
An accompanying two-day conference on November 12 and 13 will take place at the Hyatt Regency Miami on 400 SE 2nd Ave. in Miami. The MMF conference will feature workshops and panels from record label executives offering valuable career advice for emerging artists. Read more information on the conference here.
Four-day festival wristbands are available for advance purchase for $25. Admission to a single venue on one night is $10, or $15 for multiple venues in one night (you must be 21 and older to enter). Performances at Bayfront Park are all ages, and cost $12 for adults and $6 for children under 42". More information on purchasing tickets is available here.
Music in Miami
- Gloria Estefan headlines Miami Beach Centennial Concert on Thursday night
- Jazz In The Gardens: RUN-DMC storms the stage Sunday
- Jazz In The Gardens: Erykah Badu performs Sunday night
- Piano Guys bring pop-classical medleys to the Arsht Center
- Erykah Badu, Run DMC and Sheila E. highlight Jazz in the Gardens 10th anniversary line-up
- Roberto Rodriguez Quartet performs at the Olympia Theater's jazz series
- Virginia Key GrassRoots Festival Announces Lineup
- Jazz legends to light up New World Center
- Jacob Jeffries performs Wednesday at CANVAS in downtown Miami
- Fleetwood Mac’s reunion with Christine McVie akin to ‘performance art,’ band’s founder says