Miami Music Festival 2010
The Miami Music Festival returns to South Florida to showcase emerging artists from November 11-14.
The Miami Music Festival, the self-proclaimed "largest multi-genre emerging artist and new music festival in the country," is back for a second go-around with a more concise line-up, an extra day of performances, and an expanded list of venues.
The event, branded as a showcase of new and upcoming artists of all genres, garnered mixed reviews in December 2009, when it took place in Brickell and downtown Miami. The 2010 edition boosts more than 400 performances across the four-day span of November 11 through 14, and will reach out to new neighborhoods, including South Miami, Little Havana and Miami Beach. Main stage performances will take place at Bayfront Park in downtown Miami.
Notable performances at Bayfront Park include '90s rockers the Spin Doctors on Friday, November 12, merengue group Proyecto Uno and The Celia Cruz All-Stars featuring Tito Puente, Jr. on Saturday, November 13, and Atlanta-based rapper Waka Flocka Flame and R&B crooner Mario on Sunday, November 14. Check the full schedule of performances here.
An accompanying two-day conference on November 12 and 13 will take place at the Hyatt Regency Miami on 400 SE 2nd Ave. in Miami. The MMF conference will feature workshops and panels from record label executives offering valuable career advice for emerging artists. Read more information on the conference here.
Four-day festival wristbands are available for advance purchase for $25. Admission to a single venue on one night is $10, or $15 for multiple venues in one night (you must be 21 and older to enter). Performances at Bayfront Park are all ages, and cost $12 for adults and $6 for children under 42". More information on purchasing tickets is available here.
Music in Miami
- Flaming Lips' Wayne Coyne on their wild shows: 'Something like a Walt Disney cartoon meets Led Zeppelin'
- The Flaming Lips in Miami for House of Creatives Music Festival at the North Beach Bandshell
- Boy George performs in Miami weeks before his debut on 'The New Celebrity Apprentice'
- SunGhosts to perform at VetFest 2016, a concert dedicated to veterans
- Red Hot Chili Peppers coming to Miami
- R.E.M. bassist Mike Mills blurs the boundaries between rock and classical music
- Cee-Lo Green headlines the Adrienne Arsht Center's 10th Anniversary Concert
- 11 South Florida musical acts you should know
- Top 10 pop music concerts in South Florida
- Nu Deco Ensemble, Miami's 21st Century Orchestra, announces second season and it is massive