Miami Music Festival 09
The newest showcase for emerging and independent musical acts debuts in Miami this weekend.
600 performances. 25 stages. One wristband.
In a nutshell, that's the Miami Music Festival, which runs from Thursday, Dec. 10 through Saturday, Dec. 12. The nation's newest showcase and conference for emerging musical acts, features a variety of musical genres from Florida and across the nation, including Rock, Alternative, Pop, Latin, Urban, Caribbean and Jazz.
Miami.com will host a showcase at the tents behind Transit Lounge and feature a variety of established local bands. Check the schedule here.
At the showcase tents (which are more standing room only than bring a blanket and relax) snacks like pretzels, chips, and fruit will be available, along with beer and bars featuring vodka, rum, and whisky.
A two-day conference (December 11-12) at Riverfront Hall in The Miami Convention Center will feature a variety of interactive sessions, master classes and keynote interviews. Record label A&R executives, music publishing and touring executives, technology, media and marketing executives, radio program directors, film and TV music supervisors, advertising executives and other buyers of music will be on site to participate in the conference and to attend showcase performances.
One-Day and Three-day MMF wristbands give attendees access to Festival performances* and will only be available at the door of each participating venue during the Festival.
A three-day wristbands goes for $50 ($35 for students) and a one-day wristband goes for $25 ($20 for students.
Advanced online sales have concluded. If you have already purchased your wristband online, it will be available for pickup at The Miami Music Festival Registration desk outside Riverfront Hall in the Miami Convention Center (400 SE Second Ave. Miami, FL 33131) between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on December 10, 11, and 12.
MMF venues will admit wristband holders at each performance on a "first-come, first-served" basis. Conference badge-holders receive preferred admission. Venues will admit attendees without wristbands as space is available for $10 at the door.
Note: Must be 21 yrs or older to enter Red Bar, Blue Martini, and Tobacco Road. All other stages are 18-and-over to enter.
- Go Drink This: Mojito Illegal
- Drinkhouse Fire & Ice set to bring frosty fun to Miami nightlife
- The 10 Must-Have Cocktails in Miami this Summer
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: Toscana Divino in Brickell
- Sunset Swim, Bacchanal at Bagatelle, see J Alvarez for free, beer & clay at the Wolfsonian & free Wapo Tacos!
- Go Drink This: Scotch and the Coconut
- Freedom's just another word for an excuse to booze, plus a dinner and drag show!
- Go Drink This: Ginger Berry Smash
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: EDGE Steak & Bar at the Four Seasons Miami
- Chocolate orgies, apres happy hours, Sunday suppers and late night brunches