Miami muralist Krave leads team of artists to spotlight Wynwood Central during Art Basel
The mixed-use development gives local artists space for street art with the Wynwood Central Artist Collective
Wynwood Central, a mixed-use development project currently underway, is transforming the perimeter of its site into a work of art for Art Basel. Acclaimed Miami-based muralist Daniel Fila (aka Krave) and a team of nine local artists – Yuval Ofir, Ruben Ubiera, Kazilla, Eddie Mendieta, Jay Bellichi, Rei Ramirez, Phil Fung, and Arnaud Pages – are working on-site this week leading up to the official unveiling on Thursday, Dec. 5 from 6 – 8 p.m. The event will take place between 24th and 25th St., just west of NW 2nd Ave.
Wynwood Central is slated to open in 2015 north of Panther Coffee as a community space for residents and visitors to gather, shop, dine, work and live. The plan includes a mix of retail, office, residential, rooftop entertainment and green spaces.
Wynwood Central, just north of Panther Coffee on NW 2nd Ave., Wynwood
Thursday, Dec. 5, 6 - 8 p.m.
Free and open to the public.
- Art Basel 2015 Sketch Book: 8 Artists to Watch
- Art Basel Weekend 2015: Events not to miss
- Bacardi and Swizz Beatz bring the baddest 3-day party to Art Basel 2015 with Alicia Keys and Wiz Khalifa
- Paint with a street artist, party with a rapper at the Basel House 2015 Miami.com Experience
- Edge Art Fair, a Burning Man inspired exhibit, debuts during Art Basel Week 2015
- Satellite Fairs during Art Basel Week 2015
- Basel bites: Where to eat during Miami Art Week
- Satellite fairs bring art beyond Art Basel
- A Curated Guide to Miami Art Week and Art Basel Miami Beach
- Art Basel Hotel Party Guide