Miami muralist Krave leads team of artists to spotlight Wynwood Central during Art Basel
The mixed-use development gives local artists space for street art with the Wynwood Central Artist Collective
Wynwood Central, just north of Panther Coffee on NW 2nd Ave., Wynwood
Thursday, Dec. 5, 6 - 8 p.m.
Free and open to the public.
Wynwood Central, a mixed-use development project currently underway, is transforming the perimeter of its site into a work of art for Art Basel. Acclaimed Miami-based muralist Daniel Fila (aka Krave) and a team of nine local artists – Yuval Ofir, Ruben Ubiera, Kazilla, Eddie Mendieta, Jay Bellichi, Rei Ramirez, Phil Fung, and Arnaud Pages – are working on-site this week leading up to the official unveiling on Thursday, Dec. 5 from 6 – 8 p.m. The event will take place between 24th and 25th St., just west of NW 2nd Ave.
Wynwood Central is slated to open in 2015 north of Panther Coffee as a community space for residents and visitors to gather, shop, dine, work and live. The plan includes a mix of retail, office, residential, rooftop entertainment and green spaces.
- Art work donated to FIU by Jorge Pérez may be forgery
- Accessible Art: Art Basel sets attendance record, color in time and space with Carlos Cruz-Diez, and the Bakehouse Art Complex builds first public metal-casting foundry
- Cindy Crawford pays visit to Art Miami for debut of work in her likeness
- FAILE Brings Their Interactive Deluxx Fluxx Arcade Installation to South Beach
- De Nolet festival brings together performance art, music and Ketel One cocktails
- Wynwood-based Spinello Projects unveils exhibit in Art Basel's competitive Nova sector
- KIND hosts community mural project
- Art Basel opens this week in an increasingly cultured city
- Accessible Art: Arsht Center exhibit fuses fashion and art, a call for artists at Segafredo, and the Wolfsonian-FIU presents Rebirth of Rome
- LA artist Kenton Parker elevates the 'selfie' with solo exhibition at Primary Projects for Art Basel