Miami International Art Fair
Using a luxury yacht as a floating gallery, Miami International Art Fair docks downtown through Sunday.
Miami Art Fair International is on view aboard the yacht SeaFair, docked at the Hotel Intercontinental, 100 Chopin Plaza, Miami
8-10 p.m. Thursday, noon-10 p.m. Friday-Saturday and noon-7 p.m. Sunday-Monday.
Admission $10-$30 ($100 with VIP wine tasting); mia-artfair.com.
Art enthusiasts suffering from post-Basel withdrawal can get a fix this weekend at Miami International Art Fair, showcasing works from galleries as far away as Beijing, Buenos Aires, Moscow and Paris.
The fair, in its second year, will again take place aboard the SeaFair, a 228-foot yacht docked at the InterContinental Hotel in downtown Miami, with works from 27 galleries displayed throughout the $40 million vessel.
Highlights include an interactive installation by French photographer and “light painter” Jadikan LP. Guests will be encouraged to participate in Jadikan’s pop-up darkroom during the VIP preview on Thursday, with his one-of-a-kind portraits available for $100-$500.
Fair director Lee Ann Lester says she expects attendance to exceed last year’s 10,000.
“The location is very important,” said Lester, who founded, and later sold, ArtMiami. “We’re actively bringing in a cultural attraction for a large collector base and the urban, young executives that live and work nearby.”
Standouts on view at MIA include Across the Universe, an exhibition and lecture by Cuban-born Miami artist Carlos Estevez; and works by Stephen Knapp, Frank Hyder and furniture designer Paco Camus.
See and Do
- Summer Fun 2015: Your guide to kids programs and camps for the summer in Miami
- Summer Fun 2015: Your guide to parks in Miami this summer
- Russian pianist plays Wynwood on Friday
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - May 22-24
- Third Thursdays at Perez Art Museum Miami brings music and drinks
- Memorial Day Weekend Events - 2015
- Haitian Book Fair to celebrate Caribbean culture for 3rd year
- Annie, Open Play & Freebie Fun: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks for Memorial Day Week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - May 15-17
- Haitian Compas Festival encores at Sun Life Stadium with System Band and many more