Miami International Art Fair
Using a luxury yacht as a floating gallery, Miami International Art Fair docks downtown through Sunday.
Miami Art Fair International is on view aboard the yacht SeaFair, docked at the Hotel Intercontinental, 100 Chopin Plaza, Miami
8-10 p.m. Thursday, noon-10 p.m. Friday-Saturday and noon-7 p.m. Sunday-Monday.
Admission $10-$30 ($100 with VIP wine tasting); mia-artfair.com.
Art enthusiasts suffering from post-Basel withdrawal can get a fix this weekend at Miami International Art Fair, showcasing works from galleries as far away as Beijing, Buenos Aires, Moscow and Paris.
The fair, in its second year, will again take place aboard the SeaFair, a 228-foot yacht docked at the InterContinental Hotel in downtown Miami, with works from 27 galleries displayed throughout the $40 million vessel.
Highlights include an interactive installation by French photographer and “light painter” Jadikan LP. Guests will be encouraged to participate in Jadikan’s pop-up darkroom during the VIP preview on Thursday, with his one-of-a-kind portraits available for $100-$500.
Fair director Lee Ann Lester says she expects attendance to exceed last year’s 10,000.
“The location is very important,” said Lester, who founded, and later sold, ArtMiami. “We’re actively bringing in a cultural attraction for a large collector base and the urban, young executives that live and work nearby.”
Standouts on view at MIA include Across the Universe, an exhibition and lecture by Cuban-born Miami artist Carlos Estevez; and works by Stephen Knapp, Frank Hyder and furniture designer Paco Camus.
See and Do
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 27-March 1
- South Beach Comedy Festival 2015 announces line-up
- Disney Live, Mommy’s Night Out, Food Trucks & Skating: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks Feb 23-29
- Things to Do in Miami this Weekend - Feb. 20-22
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 14-16
- President’s Day Weekend Guide 2015
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 13-15
- Valentine’s Day events in Miami for sweeties, singles and families
- Cupid's Carnival, Pirates, Festivals & Freebie Fun: Top Picks: Feb 9-15
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 6-8