Baseball is back with Spring Training’s Grapefruit League exhibition games dotting Florida’s coast this week and the entire month of March. This affords Miamians a privileged first glimpse of their favorite teams in action just a short drive away.
Whether you’ve got your eye on Jose Fernandez’s arm–the Miami Marlins pitcher who won last year’s National League Rookie of the Year Award–or you want to take your hat off to Derek Jeter’s last season as a New York Yankee, a Spring Training game inside one of Florida’s intimate stadiums is a special treat for any true fan.
If you’re ready to hit the road in pursuit of America’s pastime, a handful of resorts on the east and west coast are making it a little easier for you to plan your trip with overnight stay and game day packages.
The Resort: Jupiter Beach Resort
- Miami Marlins at Roger Dean Stadium
- St. Louis Cardinals at Roger Dean Stadium
The Deal: Root for the home team, the Miami Marlins, during their exhibition games at Roger Dean Stadium, which is also the Spring Training home of the St. Louis Cardinals. Jupiter Beach Resort is making your game day planning a breeze with their “Diamond MVP Spring Training” package, which includes:
- Luxurious accommodations in a superior suite
- Four field box tickets
- A “Day at the Stadium” Experience, which includes: A personal curbside Roger Dean Stadium escort to greet your party. A behind-the-scenes tour of the clubhouse and the 110-acre sports complex. An opportunity to watch batting practice on the field. Throw the ceremonial first pitch and join the players for the pre-game festivities on the field. Two children can sit pre-game in the dugout for a photo and autograph opportunity (must be 13 years old or younger).
- Daily breakfast for four
- Rates start at $520 per night
- Valid February 28 – March 27during Spring Training home games only
- Use Promo Code: DIAMOND
If you’ve already got your tickets to the game, opt for Jupiter Beach Resort’s “Play Ball! Spring Training” package, which includes:
- 10% off best available room rate for all room categories
- Welcome amenity including an official MLB basebll, red Sharpie pen for autographs and a box of Cracker Jacks
- $10 voucher for hotdogs and sodas at Roger Dean Stadium
- Daily breakfast for two
- Rates start at $324 per night
- Valid February 28 – March 28
- Use Promo Code: BALL
To reserve or for more information on either package, call 866-943-0950 or click here
The Resort: Sandpearl Resort in Clearwater Beach
- New York Yankees at Steinbrenner Field
- Toronto Blue Jays at Florida Exchange Stadium
- Philladelphia Phillies at Bright House Networks Field
- Pittsburgh Pirates at McKechnie Field
The Deal: If you’re making your way to Steinbrenner Field with tickets in hand or any other Tampa Bay area Spring Training game, the Sandpearl Resort invites you to stay oceanfront with their “Sandpearl Beach and Baseball” package, which includes:
- An official MLB basebll, red Sharpie pen for autographs and a box of Cracker Jacks
- A poolside baseball-themed lunch at the resort’s onsite Tate Island Grill with two jumbo hotdogs and two soft drinks
- Daily breakfast for two
- Rates start at $397 per night based on a two-night stay
- Package valid February 28 – March 31
- To book and for more information call 877-726-3111 or click here
The Resort: The Resort at Longboat Key Club in Sarasota
The Team: Baltimore Orioles at Ed Smith Stadium
The Deal: Don’t feel like making the drive to Sarasota to cheer on the Orioles at Ed Smith Stadium during Spring Training? Take advantage of The Resort at Longboat Key Club’s Jet Away For the Day package and charter a private jet for you and seven of your closest friends starting at $8,500. Catch the game and take advantage of the gulf front resort’s spa, golf or tennis courts and be back in Miami by dinnertime. If you’d rather make the drive and spend the night, rates start at $515 per night. For more information and to book your stay, click here or call 800-237-8821.