Miami Heat's Shane Battier is cooking pasta at MC Kitchen on Wednesday afternoon
Battier preps to battle Chris Bosh during #SOBEWFF
It's not enough that the Miami Heat have to win every single game they play (plus or minus a few aberrations), but next month, Shane Battier goes head to head against teammate Chris Bosh at the Whole Foods Market Grand Tasting Village for Kitchen Heat, a charity cookoff benefiting Bosh's Team Tomorrow Inc. and The Battier Take Charge Foundation. MC Kitchen's Dena Marino, a diehard Heat fan, has teamed up with Battier and personal chef Terrance Williams is on Team Bosh. In preparation of the big battle, Battier will be cooking on the line at Marino's MC Kitchen starting around noon on Wednesday, January 22. "This is training," says a rep. See if he should quit his baller job by ordering pasta for lunch tomorrow.
- David's Cafe on Collins closing after 37 years
- Blackbrick Brings on the Brunch
- Pubbelly introduces PB Fish, a seafood pop-up at PB Steak starting April 8
- AQ by Acqualina, featuring Dewey LoSasso & Hiro's Yakko San
- Mansion morphing into "Miami-style country western line dancing" club with Blue Collar's Danny Serfer serving "large plates"
- Las Olas hot spot American Social opening in ex Waxy O'Connor's space
- Allen Susser's Daily Melt grilling the cheese up in Fort Lauderdale on April 1
- Brewery Ommegang's HopChef competition heads to Miami in April
- Nina Compton cooks at Swine Southern Table & Bar on April 24
- Loba, "Latin spice and Southern Comfort" coming to Biscayne Blvd.