Miami Heat will wear special adidas uniform for Christmas Day game
The monochromatic color scheme will give LeBron James and company a bold look
The NBA and its official oncourt apparel partner adidas will celebrate 65 years of Christmas Day games with the unveiling of special “BIG Color” uniforms that all 10 teams will wear on Dec. 25.
The uniforms feature a monochromatic color scheme with solid color team logos, names, and numbers framed with minimal accent color and a shimmer finish for a bold statement.
The Miami Heat and LeBron James play host to the Oklahoma City Thunder and Kevin Durant in an NBA Finals rematch at 5:30 p.m. on Christmas Day. The game will be broadcast on ABC.
“We worked with adidas to amplify our long-standing tradition of playing on Christmas Day,” said NBA Executive Vice President Global Merchandising Sal LaRocca. “BIG Color gives our players an enhanced look on the court and highlights one of the most visible dates during our season with a new and exciting range of products.”
BIG Color jerseys are part of the adidas Winter Court Collection, which also includes new warm-up jackets and shooting shirts. The jackets feature a tricot liner for comfort and team accent colors around the team logo and name while the shooting shirt features the team practice logo on the front in accent colors. Fans can purchase the Winter Court Collection for all NBA teams at NBAStore.com, Champs Sports and team retailers on Nov. 15.
NBA Christmas Day Schedule
Noon - Boston Celtics at Brooklyn Nets (ESPN)
3 p.m. - New York Knicks at L.A. Lakers (ABC)
5:30 p.m. - Oklahoma City Thunder at Miami Heat (ABC)
8 p.m. - Houston Rockets at Chicago Bulls (ESPN)
10:30 p.m. - Denver Nuggets at L.A. Clippers (ESPN)
On Our Radar
- Cadillac V-series Challenge puts pro golfers, VIPs on the fast track at Homestead-Miami Speedway
- Beckhams won't move into Versace mansion
- Celeb spotting: Prime 112 sees a lot of action
- Emilio Estefan movie to have world premiere
- Kim Kardashian's ex husband sells home
- Boca Raton sixth-grader has dog shampoo in Oscars bag
- Chef Fabio Viviani shows off kitchen skills
- Top Chef judge Tom Colicchio at restaurant site
- Paula Deen makes appearance at South Beach Wine and Food Festival, receives standing ovation
- Country star Trisha Yearwood gets cooking