Miami Heat star LeBron James reported for jury duty in Ohio
LeBron James does his civic duty.
LeBron James plays the part of superhero on a basketball court, seemingly from October through June.
But he is a regular human being in the offseason, as those in an Akron, Ohio, courthouse were reminded Thursday morning when the Heat star forward reported for jury duty — just like everybody else has to.
“Jury duty time. Time to serve my civic duty” James tweeted.
James posted three photos of himself on Instagram as he prepared to head to Summit County Courthouse, wearing a Cleveland Indians hat in all three pictures.
Phil Trexler of the Akron Beacon Journal tweeted Thursday morning that James was not needed on a jury but will report again Friday. James was reportedly dismissed along with other potential jurors when one defendant pleaded guilty while another did not show up for his court date.
James grew up in Akron and maintains a residence in Bath Township, west of Akron. According to Fox Sports Ohio, James applied in May to combine the two adjoining properties he owns there and is building a car barn.
On Our Radar
- Luis Miguel takes a bath in real estate deal
- Michael Buble's Instagram post criticized
- Estefans’ star search is over for ‘On Your Feet’
- Artist Romero Britto sues Apple
- Dave Chappelle parties, Bow Wow holds court
- Mario Lopez serves as grand marshal at Miami Beach Gay Pride parade
- Here's your chance to audition for 'La Banda"
- Scott Eastwood talks 'The Longest Ride' from ranch in Davie
- Shaggy talks new single, Brian Williams and state of reggae
- Justin Bieber joins Ariana Grande on stage