Miami Heat star LeBron James reported for jury duty in Ohio
LeBron James does his civic duty.
LeBron James plays the part of superhero on a basketball court, seemingly from October through June.
But he is a regular human being in the offseason, as those in an Akron, Ohio, courthouse were reminded Thursday morning when the Heat star forward reported for jury duty — just like everybody else has to.
“Jury duty time. Time to serve my civic duty” James tweeted.
James posted three photos of himself on Instagram as he prepared to head to Summit County Courthouse, wearing a Cleveland Indians hat in all three pictures.
Phil Trexler of the Akron Beacon Journal tweeted Thursday morning that James was not needed on a jury but will report again Friday. James was reportedly dismissed along with other potential jurors when one defendant pleaded guilty while another did not show up for his court date.
James grew up in Akron and maintains a residence in Bath Township, west of Akron. According to Fox Sports Ohio, James applied in May to combine the two adjoining properties he owns there and is building a car barn.
On Our Radar
- Once in a blue moon parties Friday
- Singer Bea Miller just getting started
- Local chef appearing on NBC show
- Real Housewives of OC star in Miami
- Fifth Harmony has a Miami connection
- Vape shops popping up everywhere
- Watch model Charlotte McKinney enjoy Miami during Swim Week in 20 seconds
- Eva Mendes personal appearance in Aventura
- Folk Night At MOCA
- Love story part 2: Ryan O' Neal, Ali McGraw together again