Miami Gay and Lesbian Film Festival 09
The Gay and Lesbian Film Festival returns to South Florida and we have you complete guide here.
By Kevin Craft
Gay and Lesbian film has found a home in South Florida. The 11th edition of the Miami and Ft. Lauderdale Gay and Lesbian film festival starts Friday, April 24, and for ten days, patrons will be treated to an eclectic mix of gay and lesbian cinema and an array of events whose connection to film ranges from direct to tangential.
Tickets to all films and events can be purchased at any time on the festival’s website, www.mglff.com. Technologically averse individuals can purchase tickets by calling the festival box office (305-456-2632) Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. or by visiting the festival headquarters -located at 7251 NE 2nd Avenue, Suite 107 - between the hours of 11 a.m. and 6 p.m.
For a full listing of films, information on accommodations and a downloadable program, visit the festival’s website, www.mglff.com.
- 5 Movies Worth Seeing and 3 to Avoid During Memorial Day Weekend
- Letting the good times roll in 'Everybody Wants Some!!' (R)
- Hank Williams biopic ‘I Saw The Light (R)’ falls flat
- What if the 2016 Oscar-nominated movies took place in Miami?
- Father doesn't always know best in 'The Clan' (R)
- 'Rock the Kasbah' (R)
- 'Pan' (PG)
- 'He Named Me Malala' (PG-13)
- 'Freeheld' (PG-13)
- '99 Homes' (R)