Hot Six: Weekend festivals, flicks and Lil Jon at Liv
Where are you partying this weekend?
This weekend in Miami there are major music festivals going on and in between those events are hot parties, movie screenings and more for you to indulge. Your entertainment and excitement for the weekend begins here with the Noire Miami Hot Six weekend highlight..
Wednesday March 13th
Lil Jon will hype up Miami Wednesday night at Liv Miami Nightclub at the Fontainebleau. Lil Jon has always shown Miami love. His Outta Your Mind 2010 video, which features LMFAO, was filmed around the Fontainebleau pool, at Nikki Beach, Ocean Drive, and other Miami Beach hotspots. According to his latest tweets, the rapper turned Donald Trump's Celebrity Apprentice began soaking in Miami sunshine on a yacht shortly after arriving on Tuesday. Maybe if you shake it like a salt shaker he'll invite you to board his boat. Cheesy 2003 reference?
Cost: Women $30, Men $40
Location: LIV Night Club 4441 Collins Ave Miami Beach, FL 33140
For more information: 305-674-4680
In honor of Women’s History Month, there will be a screening of Miss Representation, a film that explores the negative influence the media has on women and girls. A panel discussion will follow the film, which premiered at the 2011 Sundance Film Festival and has aired on Oprah’s OWN Network.
Cost: Free Admission
Time: 5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Location: Miami-Dade College Wolfson Campus 300 NE 2nd Ave Miami, FL 33132
To RSVP IWIRCFLORIDA@yahoo.com
Friday March 15th
Jackson Soul Food restaurant will host Jazz and Blues performers Joey Gilmore, Charlie Austin, Leo Casino, Betty Padgett, Bobby Stringer and The Old Skool Gang on Friday night. General admission is $25, however the $35 VIP ticket insures you a table with direct sightline to the stage.
Time: 7 p.m. -10 p.m.
Cost: General Admission $25, VIP Admission- $35
Location: Jackson’s Soul Food 950 NW 3rd Ave Miami, Fl 33136
To order tickets visit http://www.eventbrite.com/event/5187662438
Ultra Music Festival, Weekend 1
Ultra Music Festival is the ultimate place for Electronic based DJ’s to showcase their skills and for adoring fans to hear their favorite tunes. DJ’s like 12th Planet and Ian who makes up half of the LA-based group Gladiator Musicwill hit the stage as well as many other greats.
Cost: General Weekend Admission starts at $299.95, VIP seating is available
Location: Bayfront Park 301 Biscayne Blvd Miami, FL 33132
For more information visit click here
Saturday March 16th & Sunday March 17th
Jazz in the Gardens
The 8th annual Jazz in the Gardens Music two day music Festival will take place at Sun Life Stadium on March 16th and 17th. The lineup features R&B and Jazz music starts like Ne-Yo, Fantasia, Najee, and Earth, Wind and Fire. Growing features to the festival are the food and clothing vendors. Guest can purchase authentic Caribbean and Soul Food and one of a kind fashion accessories and cloths in between artist sets. There are multiple levels of seating and tickets can be purchased online or in person at Sun Life Stadium
Cost: Tickets start at XXX
Time: 4 p.m.- 11 p.m on March 16th and March 17 th
Location: Sun Life Stadium 2269 NW 199th St Miami Gardens, FL 33056
- Miami Soul: Part 3 - Ultimate Miami Art Week Exhibit, Party, and Event Guide
- Miami Soul 4th Annual Ultimate Soul Basel Guide - Part 2: Parties and Event Guide
- Miami Soul 4th Annual Ultimate Soul Basel Guide - Part 1: Black exhibits to check out during Miami Art Week 2016
- Miami Soul Thanksgiving Edition: Jazz at MOCA, Lloyd performing live, Grits and Soul Brunch Series, and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Afrikin Fest, NiteCap NEXT, Simply Wordz Spoken Word Dinner Party, and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Jill Scott’s Words & Sounds, Slick Rick live, Uptown Avenue 7 Art Bazaar, and more
- Miami Soul: Election Night watch parties to check out
- Miami Gardens Wine & Food Experience returns with celebrity Chefs G. Garvin & Marcus Samuelsson
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Day la Soul 90's Jam, Girl Power Gospel Brunch, Big Night in Little Haiti and more
- Miami Soul Halloween Weekend Going Out Guide