Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders reveal 2015 swimsuit calendar at LIV nightclub
From an ode to London to creative fashions, swimsuit spectacle is a hit with fans once again
Balloons, body paint and party poppers. The annual Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders’ Swimsuit Calendar Unveiling and Fashion Show is always a spectacle, but this year, it was more like an indoor carnival.
Besides revealing their 2015 calendar cover, the cheerleaders sported what seemed like an entire spectrum of swimwear styles, from designers such as Lila Nikole and Jypsea Swim, inside LIV nightclub at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach Saturday night.
The fashion show featured more than your typical two-piece bikini. Some carried balloons, wore angel wings and even sprayed confetti to the delight of the crowd, which grew in number as each cheerleader paraded down the runway.
There was even a few choreographed dance numbers, including an ode to the Dolphins’ Week 4 match-up against the Oakland Raiders in London on Sept. 28. To the tune of Fergie’s “London Bridge,” the ladies danced along the main stage dressed like guards outside Buckingham Palace. Then, the wardrobe shifted to swimwear featuring the U.K. flag and Big Ben.
Later, after each cheerleader introduced their month on the calendar, the 2015 cover was revealed, which featured second-year cheerleader Monica in the foreground with inviting blue waters in the Dominican Republic behind her.
Monica, who is also a student at Miami-Dade College, cried initially, acknowledging her family and friends in attendance.
“When I saw my photo on the screen, I was very excited, I was extremely surprised,” she said.
On Our Radar
- Ian Somerhalder supports fiancee at event
- David Beckham canvasing Miami again?
- Paris Hilton on the red carpet
- Kathie Lee Gifford at Boca Bachannal
- Ex Real Housewives of Miami star arrested
- Local chef a contestant on 'Hell's Kitchen'
- Big Bang Theory star Jim Parsons in Miami
- Dan Aykroyd making stops in Broward
- Scott Disick set to appear at Crazy Horse in Pompano Beach
- Toni Braxton meets up with the Wades at benefit