Miami Design District Updates
By 2016, the Miami Design District will boast over 100 international high-end retailers. We show you what is on the horizon.
As the construction dust settles in the Design District, we've got some stellar updates for you, Miami. In fact, by 2016, the Design District will boast over 100 international high-end retailers, a dozen restaurants, renowned art galleries, cutting-edge design showrooms, a world-class boutique hotel, luxury residential condominiums, and numerous large-scale public art installations.
Here is what is on the horizon:
PUBLIC ART & PUBLIC SPACES: Woven throughout the District will be public art installations and open public spaces. The former Plummer Alley will be re-named as the Paseo Ponti, a mid-block pedestrian path of shops, cafes, and greenery cutting through the heart of the district. At its center is Palm Court, an intuitively pedestrian plaza featuring the Buckminster Fuller-designed Fly’s Eye Dome. Additional public art will be on display by the following artists and designers: John Baldessari, Konstantin Grcic, Marc Newson, Nate Lowman and Zaha Hadid
SHOPS: International retailers are flocking to the District with over 100 luxury brands expected to open doors by 2015-16, including: Almechist, Amani, Audemars Piguet, Bulgari, Burberry, Cartier, Celine, Christian Dior, Dolce & Gabbana, Fendi, Givenchy, Harry Winston, Hermes, Hublot, Loewe, Louis Vuitton, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Marc Jacobs Collection, Max Mara, Miu Miu, Piaget, Pucci, TAG, Tiffany & Co., Tod’s, Tom Ford, Valentino, Van Cleef & Arpels, Versace, Zadig & Voltaire and Zegna.
- Louis Vuitton's Latest Launch Is Heavenly Scent
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know Were Sprouting up In the Design District
- Where is the newest H&M going to open in South Florida? We know all the details
- Sawgrass Mills Memorial Day Super Sale
- H&M Aventura Is Getting a Facelift
- Destination Fashion 2016 Recap
- Design on a Dime 2016
- Bal Harbour Shops Hosts Film Festival for Fashion Lovers
- Trina Turk & Mr. Turk Boutique Opening in MiMo
- 9 New Stores At Sawgrass Mills