Keep it classy, Miami
There's nothing classy about sweat stains. Stay cool at these cultural events this week.
CGCC Summer Concert Series
Newly-appointed principal cellist of the Cleveland Orchestra, Mark Kosower performs as part of the Coral Gables Congregational Church's Summer Concert Series.
Thursday, June 17 at 8 p.m., Coral Gables Congregational Church, 3010 De Soto Blvd., Coral Gables; 305-448-7421. Tickets $25.
Clarita Filgueiras and Flamenco Puro Dance Company present the sensuality of flamenco in this show featuring music and dance celebrating the colors, driving rhythms and blazing intensity of flamenco. Features dancer Clarita Filgueiras, Jorge Robledo and Antonio Arrebola plus musicians.
Saturday, June 19 at 8 p.m. at Colony Theater, 1040 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach; 305-674-1040. Tickets $35.
Next Step Dance returns to the Broward Center with an encore performance of the entertaining and provocative event, Celebrating the Male Dancer. The repertory includes Unwritten Letter, HumanKindNess, The Other Side, The Stable, and Woodblock Study, as well as the premiere of two new works. Contains adult content and partial nudity.
Saturday, June 19 at 8 p.m. at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts , 201 SW Fifth Ave., Fort Lauderdale; 954-462-0222. Tickets $26.50.
The annual series of chamber music features the soprano Esther Jane Hardenbergh performing Lieder by Mozart and works by Fanny Hensel, Clara , Schumann, Brahms, Erich Zeisl, Alexander Zemlinsky, Erich Korngold and Richard Strauss.
Sunday, June 20 at 4:30 p.m. Westin Colonnade Hotel, 180 Aragon Ave., Coral Gables; www.mainlymozart.com or 305-444-4755; $20.
352 KEYS GALA PIANO CONCERT
The annual summer family piano concert features Heather Coltman, chair of Florida Atlantic University’s department of music, Irena Kofman, Krisztina Kover and Ana Flavia Zuim presenting popular and classical music for four pianos.
Sunday, June 20 at 4 p.m. at Florida Atlantic University School of the Arts Theater, 777 Glades Rd., Boca Raton, 561-297-3820; free, $10 suggested donation.
See and Do
- Miami Broward One Carnival heads south to a new venue in Miami
- Accessible Art: Fort Lauderdale art exhibit spotlights 10 female artists, CIFO teams up with Museum of Fine Arts Boston, and MOCA on WPBT Ch. 2
- More gifts pour in as Pérez Art Museum Miami prepares to open
- Bookleggers brings Literary Death Match to Bardot in Miami
- Abstract painter Larry Poons brings art to Miami nature center in January
- Lunch with Lydia: Daughter of Wynwood pioneer carries on father’s mission
- A prelude to Art Basel for locals
- New World Center's Mini-Concerts return with "Yoga Night at the New World Symphony"
- Lucky You! 5 brings art to the people on Nov. 9
- CircX burlesque and cabaret troupe celebrates 10th anniversary