Miami Culture - Classical music
Have your Thanksgiving with a side of culture.
Feed your gut and your soul this week at any one of these exciting classical music events.
Symphony of the Americas
Italian violinist Roberto Cani performs with the Symphony of the Americas performing Mozart's Overture to Don Giovanni and Concerto for Violin and Orchestra in A Major along with Haydn's Symphony No. 99 in E Major.
Tuesday, Nov. 23 at Broward Center for the Performing Arts, 201 SW Fifth Ave., Fort Lauderdale; 954-522-5334. Tickets $40, $50, $65.
Moscow Virtuosi Chamber Orchestra
This renowned orchestra will feature Vladimir Spivakov, internationally renowned violinist and conductor, with top-ranking soloists and former principle chairs of the great orchestras of Russia performing works by Vivaldi, Rossini, Boccherini, and Tchaikovsky.
Wednesday Nov. 24 at 8 p.m. Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-949-6722. Tickets $41.45-$94.95.
The Miami International Piano Festival features Italian keyboard master Francesco Libetta performing compositions by Chopin.
Sunday, Nov. 28 at 4 p.m. at Aventura Arts & Cultural Center, 3385 NE 188th St.,Aventura; www.browardcenter.org. Tickets $30.
The Lotz MUUSIC Series presents this show with pianist Vince Maggio and guitarist Randall Dollahon.
Sunday, Nov. 28 at 4 p.m. at Unitarian Universalist Congregation, 7701 SW 76th Ave., South Miami; 305-387-3628. $15, $10 kids.
See and Do
- Miami Broward One Carnival heads south to a new venue in Miami
- Accessible Art: Fort Lauderdale art exhibit spotlights 10 female artists, CIFO teams up with Museum of Fine Arts Boston, and MOCA on WPBT Ch. 2
- More gifts pour in as Pérez Art Museum Miami prepares to open
- Bookleggers brings Literary Death Match to Bardot in Miami
- Abstract painter Larry Poons brings art to Miami nature center in January
- Lunch with Lydia: Daughter of Wynwood pioneer carries on father’s mission
- A prelude to Art Basel for locals
- New World Center's Mini-Concerts return with "Yoga Night at the New World Symphony"
- Lucky You! 5 brings art to the people on Nov. 9
- CircX burlesque and cabaret troupe celebrates 10th anniversary