Miami connections at New York's Fashion Week
Some local action
NEW YORK - The Toronto International Film Festival and US Open tennis tournament have stolen some of the celebrities away from Mercedes Benz Fashion Week, but many of the more style conscious stars wouldn’t be caught dead anywhere else.
On Friday, Russell Simmons enjoyed Tommy Hilfiger’s sporty presentation so much that he gave it a shout-out on Twitter, saying the pieces gave him inspiration for his own line of clothing.
On Tuesday, part time Miami designer Naeem Khan is presenting. Expected is his friend, "Real Housewives of New York City" star Carole Radziwill. Watchers of the Bravo show saw Khan's clothes featured on a recent episode when some of the ladies visited with him and his wife Ranjana at their Miami apartment.
And on Wednesday: shows by Latina star and frequent Miami visitor Daisy Fuentes (her line for Kohl’s).
On Our Radar
- Talking to Ana Maria in Novela Land star
- Chazz Palminteri tells his 'Bronx Tale'
- Athletes seen partying in Miami
- Is Miami Heat star Chris Bosh OK?
- Latin stars come together for Premios Lo Nuestro
- William Levy front and center at rum event
- Diana Nyad to re-create famous swim on stage
- Report: Rapper Vanilla Ice arrested
- Emeril Lagasse talks food, milestones and Florida
- Wyclef Jean, Barry Gibb among performers at Miami Beach centennial concert