Miami connections at New York's Fashion Week
Some local action
NEW YORK - The Toronto International Film Festival and US Open tennis tournament have stolen some of the celebrities away from Mercedes Benz Fashion Week, but many of the more style conscious stars wouldn’t be caught dead anywhere else.
On Friday, Russell Simmons enjoyed Tommy Hilfiger’s sporty presentation so much that he gave it a shout-out on Twitter, saying the pieces gave him inspiration for his own line of clothing.
On Tuesday, part time Miami designer Naeem Khan is presenting. Expected is his friend, "Real Housewives of New York City" star Carole Radziwill. Watchers of the Bravo show saw Khan's clothes featured on a recent episode when some of the ladies visited with him and his wife Ranjana at their Miami apartment.
And on Wednesday: shows by Latina star and frequent Miami visitor Daisy Fuentes (her line for Kohl’s).
On Our Radar
- Madonna concert dates in Miami changed
- Christina Milian models in Miami Beach
- What's up with Ryan Tannehill's mega contract?
- Instacart: An easier way to get groceries?
- Tony Romo eats his way through Miami
- Phil Collins in town
- Adrian Grenier guest of honor at magazine party
- Kings of Chaos at Hard Rock Live
- Joe Pepitone biopic penned by local screenwriters
- Talking to Beyonce's fitness guru Marco Borges