Miami connections at New York's Fashion Week
Some local action
NEW YORK - The Toronto International Film Festival and US Open tennis tournament have stolen some of the celebrities away from Mercedes Benz Fashion Week, but many of the more style conscious stars wouldn’t be caught dead anywhere else.
On Friday, Russell Simmons enjoyed Tommy Hilfiger’s sporty presentation so much that he gave it a shout-out on Twitter, saying the pieces gave him inspiration for his own line of clothing.
On Tuesday, part time Miami designer Naeem Khan is presenting. Expected is his friend, "Real Housewives of New York City" star Carole Radziwill. Watchers of the Bravo show saw Khan's clothes featured on a recent episode when some of the ladies visited with him and his wife Ranjana at their Miami apartment.
And on Wednesday: shows by Latina star and frequent Miami visitor Daisy Fuentes (her line for Kohl’s).
On Our Radar
- Lil Wayne takes out loan
- Dance meets charity with SWAY
- Miami Heat players attend opening of new Edition Boutique.
- Donald Trump spends Turkey Day in Florida
- Michael B Jordan in Miami talking 'Creed'
- Actor named honorary president of Miami Fashion Week
- Are Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie coming to Art Basel?
- Celebrity doctor's Grove home sells
- Miami teen hits the big time
- Inside details of Sofia Vergara's wedding