Miami connections at New York's Fashion Week
Some local action
NEW YORK - The Toronto International Film Festival and US Open tennis tournament have stolen some of the celebrities away from Mercedes Benz Fashion Week, but many of the more style conscious stars wouldn’t be caught dead anywhere else.
On Friday, Russell Simmons enjoyed Tommy Hilfiger’s sporty presentation so much that he gave it a shout-out on Twitter, saying the pieces gave him inspiration for his own line of clothing.
On Tuesday, part time Miami designer Naeem Khan is presenting. Expected is his friend, "Real Housewives of New York City" star Carole Radziwill. Watchers of the Bravo show saw Khan's clothes featured on a recent episode when some of the ladies visited with him and his wife Ranjana at their Miami apartment.
And on Wednesday: shows by Latina star and frequent Miami visitor Daisy Fuentes (her line for Kohl’s).
On Our Radar
- Ben & Jerry’s Free Ice Cream Tasting
- Tax day cometh! Flo Rida pays his bill
- Joanna Krupa puts apartment up for sale
- Former 'Queer Eye' designer Thom Filicia lends his touch to new condo in Edgewater
- Key West company featured on 'The Profit'
- Miami Beach, Miami Gardens among nation’s most dangerous suburbs
- George Lopez talks 'Saint George' and 'Rio 2'
- Old Spice Guy Isaiah Mustafa spreads the love
- Will Smith seen relaxing at Zuma
- Local designer wins Lifetime's 'Under the Gunn'