Miami chefs to cook comfort food at Taste of the Nation pre-party
Timon Balloo, Jamie DeRosa, Todd Erickson and others will cook at the event.
Taste of the Nation
South Florida Pre-Party
Tongue & Cheek
431 Washington Ave., Miami Beach
When: 7-9 p.m. May 19
More info: Tickets $100 a person
To ramp up anticipation for this year's Taste of the Nation South Florida charity event next month, several chefs personally selected by Allen Susser will cook a comfort-food dinner at Tongue & Cheek in Miami Beach on May 19.
Timon Balloo (Sugarcane, Bocce Bar), Paula DaSilva (3030 Ocean), Jamie DeRosa (Tongue & Cheek), Frederick Delaire (Loews Miami Beach), Todd Erickson (Haven, Huahua's), Bret Pelaggi (Uvaggio) and Jessica Rothschild (Rock Star Pastries) will be serving comfort dishes that remind them of their childhoods.
Also comforting: the Tito's Vodka that will be flowing throughout the night. The event is from 7 to 9 p.m. and costs $100 a person, with all proceeds going to Share Our Strength, a nonprofit that seeks to end childhood hunger in America.
The dinner serves as a prelude to the main event, which takes place from 7 to 10 p.m. on June 17 at the Loews Miami Beach Hotel. Chefs from more than 50 South Florida restaurants will serve up bites of food along with drinks from top mixologists while guests mingle and peruse auction items.
Tickets to Taste of the Nation South Florida cost $125 a person, with proceeds benefiting Share Our Strength and its local partners, including Florida Impact, Feeding South Florida, FLIPANY, South Florida Hunger Coalition and Florence Fuller Child Development Centers.
A new Black and Blanco After Party follows this year's Taste of the Nation, from 10 p.m. to midnight at the Loews. Sip on Casa Dragones tequila and sample sweets from Miami pâtissiers Jordi Panisello (Fontainebleau), Josh Gripper (The Dutch) and Antonio Bachour (St. Regis Bal Harbour).
Tickets to the after party are $75 a person.
- The List: Estiatorio Milos' Joshua Wahler
- KLIMA Restaurant and Bar opens in South Beach
- Two ethnic eateries close in South Beach
- French-style Brasserie Azur moving in to midtown Miami
- Get a free iced coffee at South Florida Dunkin' Donuts on March 9
- Have Brunch in the Garden with Les Dames and top chefs
- Stache hosts bourbon dinner in Fort Lauderdale
- Michael Schwartz to open new Miami Design District café: Ella
- The List: Where Buns & Buns' Alex Zibi eats around Miami
- Tom Colicchio's top chef in Miami has South Florida roots