Miami Book Fair International
In the mood for a good read? How about evenings with the authors? The 26th annual book fair is here.
Miami Dade College Wolfson Campus
300 NE 2nd Ave.
In the mood for a good read? How about evenings with the authors? Then get over to downtown Miami sometime this week for the 26th annual Miami Book Fair International.
It all starts Sunday, November 8th, and goes through Sunday, November 15th. Former Vice President Al Gore, honored author Margaret Atwood, and CNN's Dr. Sanjay Gupta are just a few among the list of authors set to appear to talk about their books. The event includes an Evenings With program, which features readings by celebrities and world-renowned authors for six consecutive days.
There's also a series called "Twilight Tastings." It's a chance for you to sample cuisine from some of Miami's eateries, including Xixon Cafe and Casablanca Seafood Bar & Grill.
The whole thing finishes with a street fair from November 13th-15th where over 250 publishers and booksellers exhibit their work. The Festival of Authors takes place during the weekend extravaganza on the streets of downtown Miami, where more than 350 authors will read and discuss their work.
Click here for ticket information.
See and Do
- Holiday parades, princess parties & a local gift guide: Munchkin Fun's top weekly picks
- Holiday events in Miami
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Dec. 12-14
- Outré Theatre makes its move to Fort Lauderdale with ‘Othello’
- Cirque du Soleil brings its fem-centric show, 'Amaluna,' to Sun Life Stadium
- Seminole Hard Rock Winterfest Boat Parade floats into Broward this Saturday
- Holiday dance, theater and music favorites to make the season merry
- ‘Book of Mormon’ walks its fine line, this time at the Arsht Center
- Princess parties, superheroes & gingerbread houses: Munchkin Fun's Top picks for Dec 8-12
- #HowToMiami - Street Art