Miami Book Fair International
In the mood for a good read? How about evenings with the authors? The 26th annual book fair is here.
Miami Dade College Wolfson Campus
300 NE 2nd Ave.
In the mood for a good read? How about evenings with the authors? Then get over to downtown Miami sometime this week for the 26th annual Miami Book Fair International.
It all starts Sunday, November 8th, and goes through Sunday, November 15th. Former Vice President Al Gore, honored author Margaret Atwood, and CNN's Dr. Sanjay Gupta are just a few among the list of authors set to appear to talk about their books. The event includes an Evenings With program, which features readings by celebrities and world-renowned authors for six consecutive days.
There's also a series called "Twilight Tastings." It's a chance for you to sample cuisine from some of Miami's eateries, including Xixon Cafe and Casablanca Seafood Bar & Grill.
The whole thing finishes with a street fair from November 13th-15th where over 250 publishers and booksellers exhibit their work. The Festival of Authors takes place during the weekend extravaganza on the streets of downtown Miami, where more than 350 authors will read and discuss their work.
Click here for ticket information.
See and Do
- 5 Worst Visitors People in Miami Receive in the Winter
- Ayikodans offers a prayer in the form of dance for its sixth season at the Arsht Center
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 5-7
- Skateboards and jazz collide this weekend at YoungArts campus
- 14 Events You Can't Miss in Miami in March 2016
- Actors’ Playhouse Company turns out a dazzling version of the musical ‘West Side Story’
- Latest touring version of the Tony-winning musical 'Book of Mormon' is a delight
- ‘The Nether’ raises provocative questions about the dark side of the web
- Slow Burn Theatre Company’s ‘Violet’ is a musical about the scars we carry
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 29-31