Miami Book Fair International 2013 Poster Unveiling
MDC hosts an event to unveil the official posters of the 2013 Miami Book Fair International.
Miami may be renowned for its nightlife, beaches and other trivial things, but we also are the venue for one of the country’s biggest book fairs 30 years standing. Miami Book Fair International unveils its official 2013 posters at 5 p.m. today in the Mural Room of the historic Freedom Tower at Miami Dade College (600 Biscayne Blvd., Miami). The event, held as part of the launch of MDC’s culture campaign, ACTIVATE: MDCulture, and the city’s DWNTWN Arts Days, will include plenty of literary flourishes like impromptu poems courtesy of Poem Depot as well as musical and theatrical performances. One of the two official Book Fair poster artists, Francisco Capdevila is one of Spain’s most important illustrators and comics artists, a nod to the 500th anniversary of Ponce de Leon’s arrival in Florida . The second official poster created by Paul Pope is dedicated to Generation Genius Days, the component of the Fair that is all about kids and young adults.
See and Do
- King Arthur and his knights get goofy in ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- ‘War Horse’ brings its imaginative, moving drama to Miami’s Arsht Center
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Mar. 7-9
- Calle Ocho: 5 Things we are excited about this year
- Daddy Yankee reigns as the King of Calle Ocho
- World Golf Championships-Cadillac Championship brings golf and more to Doral
- Fair freebies, 110 years of Dr Seuss, Lego builds & 10 other fun things to do this week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 28-Mar. 2
- Carnaval on the Mile kicks off a busy month in Miami
- Whoopi Goldberg heads to the Arsht Center for a night of laughs