Miami Book Fair International 2013 Poster Unveiling
MDC hosts an event to unveil the official posters of the 2013 Miami Book Fair International.
Miami may be renowned for its nightlife, beaches and other trivial things, but we also are the venue for one of the country’s biggest book fairs 30 years standing. Miami Book Fair International unveils its official 2013 posters at 5 p.m. today in the Mural Room of the historic Freedom Tower at Miami Dade College (600 Biscayne Blvd., Miami). The event, held as part of the launch of MDC’s culture campaign, ACTIVATE: MDCulture, and the city’s DWNTWN Arts Days, will include plenty of literary flourishes like impromptu poems courtesy of Poem Depot as well as musical and theatrical performances. One of the two official Book Fair poster artists, Francisco Capdevila is one of Spain’s most important illustrators and comics artists, a nod to the 500th anniversary of Ponce de Leon’s arrival in Florida . The second official poster created by Paul Pope is dedicated to Generation Genius Days, the component of the Fair that is all about kids and young adults.
See and Do
- Bayfront Park hosts tree lighting event to kick off holiday season
- Momix will perform and teach a master class at Broward Center
- 17 Fun Things to Do This Holiday Week: Nov 23-29
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 20-22
- ‘Newsies’ dances its way back to South Florida with a charming leading man
- Some Miami Book Fair events of note (in a weekend of hundreds)
- Miami Book Fair, a literary cornucopia, kicks off
- Give Miami Day, Nov. 19, is a chance to support Miami charities
- 15 things to do with the kids this week: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 13-15