Miami Book Fair International 2013 Poster Unveiling
MDC hosts an event to unveil the official posters of the 2013 Miami Book Fair International.
Miami may be renowned for its nightlife, beaches and other trivial things, but we also are the venue for one of the country’s biggest book fairs 30 years standing. Miami Book Fair International unveils its official 2013 posters at 5 p.m. today in the Mural Room of the historic Freedom Tower at Miami Dade College (600 Biscayne Blvd., Miami). The event, held as part of the launch of MDC’s culture campaign, ACTIVATE: MDCulture, and the city’s DWNTWN Arts Days, will include plenty of literary flourishes like impromptu poems courtesy of Poem Depot as well as musical and theatrical performances. One of the two official Book Fair poster artists, Francisco Capdevila is one of Spain’s most important illustrators and comics artists, a nod to the 500th anniversary of Ponce de Leon’s arrival in Florida . The second official poster created by Paul Pope is dedicated to Generation Genius Days, the component of the Fair that is all about kids and young adults.
See and Do
- Arsht Center’s big summer show, ‘Lookingglass Alice,’ has as many layers as the surreal, classic tale
- Miami’s XXX International Hispanic Theatre Fest celebrates Brazilian theater
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 3-5
- Miami Events - July 2015
- July 4, Kids Eat Free: Munchkin Fun's top picks June 29 - July 5
- Seven options for a date night in Miami with no time to waste
- 10 Things to Do on July 4
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - June 27-29
- Florida Supercon celebrates 10 years of geeking out
- Fourth of July guide: Where to watch fireworks in South Florida on July 4