Miami Beach residents want radio silence for popular Radio bar South of Fifth
Violation in question regards zoning prohibition on dance and entertainment establishments South of Fifth Street.
Some Miami Beach residents of swanky South of Fifth are looking for radio silence when it comes to Radio Bar at 814 1st St. owned by hotelier Keith Menin and his cousin and biz partner Jared Galbut.
According to a complaint sent to City Manager Jimmy Morales, "officers of the Courts and the Cosmopolitan condominium associations presented video, photographic, documentary and eyewitness account evidence to city staff of blatant and continuing violations . . . of the zoning prohibition on dance and entertainment establishments South of Fifth Street."
At a meeting on Wednesday, the complainants basically said that they wanted Radio Bar on mute, asking "to process this as a complaint of violations under the code. The evidence controverts assertions by principals Jared Galbut and Keith Menin that their establishment does not provide DJ entertainment."
But, yikes, video and New Year's Eve advertising prove otherwise.
We contacted Menin for comment and will report back when we hear from him.
Related Link: Radio Bar website
- 13 events you can't miss in Miami this weekend - April 29-May 1
- 9 events not to miss in Miami this weekend - April 22-24
- Discounted drinks & designer duds, Yandel & Gadiel for free, missing matzo, and an ode to Drake
- 13 events you can't miss in Miami this weekend - April 15-17
- New Pubbelly venture: PB Station in downtown
- 12 events not to miss in Miami this weekend - April 8-10
- Piano playing in Wynwood, Macy's parading at Icon, pop culture on the Gale rooftop & Led Zep yoga @ Anatomy at 1220
- 12 Best Events in Miami this Weekend - April 1-3
- Crab racing & beer in Wynwood, art auctions & pig at The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach
- 9 great events in Miami this weekend - March 25-27