Miami Beach residents want radio silence for popular Radio bar South of Fifth
Violation in question regards zoning prohibition on dance and entertainment establishments South of Fifth Street.
Some Miami Beach residents of swanky South of Fifth are looking for radio silence when it comes to Radio Bar at 814 1st St. owned by hotelier Keith Menin and his cousin and biz partner Jared Galbut.
According to a complaint sent to City Manager Jimmy Morales, "officers of the Courts and the Cosmopolitan condominium associations presented video, photographic, documentary and eyewitness account evidence to city staff of blatant and continuing violations . . . of the zoning prohibition on dance and entertainment establishments South of Fifth Street."
At a meeting on Wednesday, the complainants basically said that they wanted Radio Bar on mute, asking "to process this as a complaint of violations under the code. The evidence controverts assertions by principals Jared Galbut and Keith Menin that their establishment does not provide DJ entertainment."
But, yikes, video and New Year's Eve advertising prove otherwise.
We contacted Menin for comment and will report back when we hear from him.
Related Link: Radio Bar website
- 12 events in Miami this weekend (that have nothing to do with Halloween) - Oct. 28-30
- 11 events you can't miss in Miami this weekend - Oct. 14-16
- 11 events in Miami this weekend - Oct. 7-9
- 11 events in Miami this weekend - Sept. 30-Oct. 2
- Events in Miami this weekend - Sept. 23-25
- Spend New Year's 2017 With Justin Bieber!
- 10 events in Miami this weekend - Sept. 16-18
- 11 events in Miami this weekend - Sept. 9-11
- 11 things to do in Miami this weekend - Sept. 2-4
- 11 events in Miami to put on your weekend agenda - Aug. 26-28