Miami Beach Polo 2011
Trembling sands. Lively stands. The Sport of Kings returns to Miami Beach.
AMG Miami Beach Polo World Cup
April 21st to April 24th
Venue is located between 20th and 22nd Streets on the sands of Miami Beach
www.miamipolo.com or 305-538-3809
The international Polo scene takes over the beach from April 21 – April 24, riding high on its previous success over the past six years.
The six men’s teams will feature some of the world’s top-ranked players including the iconic Nacho Figueras, Luis Escobar and the number one U.S player, Nic Roldan. Selected as part of the AMG Men’s Polo Team is John Walsh, presenter of America’s Most Wanted and spokesman for The National Foundation For Missing and Exploited Children – one of the participating charities at this year’s AMG Miami Beach Polo World Cup. Walsh will play alongside Tommy Biddle, currently the highest ranked Arena Polo player in the U.S.
The second South Beach Women’s Polo Cup will take place on the sand, in the same arena, on Thursday, April 21. The expanded field means the tournament is the world’s largest and most prestigious on any beach. Top Brazilian model, Paula Chermont, will be competing for a second year, and the game’s number one female player, Sunny Hale, will play for the AMG women’s team.
The venue is located between 20th and 22nd streets, ocean-side behind the Setai Hotel. The traditional post-event awards ceremony will be held at the end of each tournament to commemorate both women’s and men’s competition winners, during which John Walsh, along with sponsor representatives from Mercedes-AMG and Nespresso, will present trophies to the men’s and women’s World Cup finalists.
General admission to the tournament is free and a limited number of VIP tickets are available for purchase, prices ranging from $100 - $150. For more information call 305-538-3809 or visit this link.
See and Do
- Holiday parades, princess parties & a local gift guide: Munchkin Fun's top weekly picks
- Holiday events in Miami
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Dec. 12-14
- Outré Theatre makes its move to Fort Lauderdale with ‘Othello’
- Cirque du Soleil brings its fem-centric show, 'Amaluna,' to Sun Life Stadium
- Seminole Hard Rock Winterfest Boat Parade floats into Broward this Saturday
- Holiday dance, theater and music favorites to make the season merry
- ‘Book of Mormon’ walks its fine line, this time at the Arsht Center
- Princess parties, superheroes & gingerbread houses: Munchkin Fun's Top picks for Dec 8-12
- #HowToMiami - Street Art