Miami Bacchanalia sets up in the heart of Wynwood Art Walk this Saturday
Food, wine, art and entertainment? Miami Bacchanalia will offer that and more during this Saturday's Wynwood Art Walk.
Saturday, Aug. 11 from 6-11 p.m.
227-267 NW 24th St., Miami
Entrance on the corner of NW 24th Street and NW 2nd Avenue
In case you were worried that Miami's art community was a little malnourished, this Saturday a wine and food festival will set up shop in the midst of the monthly melee that is Wynwood Art Walk to feed both bellies and souls with works of visual and edible art.
Miami Bacchanalia will occupy 31,000 sq ft of space to offer cuisine, an art auction and plenty of alcohol. All this lavish revelry will serve the greater good; a portion of the evening's proceeds will go to the children and families of the Miami Children’s Hospital Foundation. But don't let the do-gooder spirit ruin your debaucherous fun: The party will be stocked with a full bar for those who need liquid inspiration.
Event organizer David Sadkin, an Art Walk regular, saw the need to create a hub for Wynwood Art Walk. "We saw that everything was spread out and there was not one central place so we found this lot and had the idea to bring things together."
The outdoor locale will host a fleet of food trucks and feature a wine tasting for revelers to really praise Bacchus - not a bad destination for art lovers who can actually pay for their own drinks. Also, on exhibit will be an extensive collection of works owned by artist Nelson Delgado, Jr. as well as works by students at Miami International University of Art & Design and New World School of the Arts.
Sadkin says he has the event locked down for the next two upcoming Art Walks, so maybe there's a chance that Miami Bacchanalia will become a tentpole of the Wynwood arts scene.
More information at www.artwalkfoodandwine.com.
See and Do
- Bayfront Park hosts tree lighting event to kick off holiday season
- Momix will perform and teach a master class at Broward Center
- 17 Fun Things to Do This Holiday Week: Nov 23-29
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 20-22
- ‘Newsies’ dances its way back to South Florida with a charming leading man
- Some Miami Book Fair events of note (in a weekend of hundreds)
- Miami Book Fair, a literary cornucopia, kicks off
- Give Miami Day, Nov. 19, is a chance to support Miami charities
- 15 things to do with the kids this week: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 13-15