Miami Bacchanalia sets up in the heart of Wynwood Art Walk this Saturday
Food, wine, art and entertainment? Miami Bacchanalia will offer that and more during this Saturday's Wynwood Art Walk.
Saturday, Aug. 11 from 6-11 p.m.
227-267 NW 24th St., Miami
Entrance on the corner of NW 24th Street and NW 2nd Avenue
In case you were worried that Miami's art community was a little malnourished, this Saturday a wine and food festival will set up shop in the midst of the monthly melee that is Wynwood Art Walk to feed both bellies and souls with works of visual and edible art.
Miami Bacchanalia will occupy 31,000 sq ft of space to offer cuisine, an art auction and plenty of alcohol. All this lavish revelry will serve the greater good; a portion of the evening's proceeds will go to the children and families of the Miami Children’s Hospital Foundation. But don't let the do-gooder spirit ruin your debaucherous fun: The party will be stocked with a full bar for those who need liquid inspiration.
Event organizer David Sadkin, an Art Walk regular, saw the need to create a hub for Wynwood Art Walk. "We saw that everything was spread out and there was not one central place so we found this lot and had the idea to bring things together."
The outdoor locale will host a fleet of food trucks and feature a wine tasting for revelers to really praise Bacchus - not a bad destination for art lovers who can actually pay for their own drinks. Also, on exhibit will be an extensive collection of works owned by artist Nelson Delgado, Jr. as well as works by students at Miami International University of Art & Design and New World School of the Arts.
Sadkin says he has the event locked down for the next two upcoming Art Walks, so maybe there's a chance that Miami Bacchanalia will become a tentpole of the Wynwood arts scene.
More information at www.artwalkfoodandwine.com.
See and Do
- Accessible Art: Caribbean-centric exhibition by Haitian artist, Locust Projects wins first NEA grant, and is the Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale expanding?
- Munchkin Fun's 22 fun things to do with the kids Dec 16-21
- 'We Will Rock You' is a guilty pleasure for Queen fans
- Cheech and Chong perform this Sunday at the Hard Rock Live
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Dec. 13-15
- 'Making God Laugh' mines sobering truths
- Found Footage Festival keeps videotape alive
- ‘We Will Rock You’ is built on Queen’s flamboyant rock music
- Accessible Art: Art Basel sets attendance record, color in time and space with Carlos Cruz-Diez, and the Bakehouse Art Complex builds first public metal-casting foundry
- Munchkin Fun's 22 fun things to do with the kids Dec 9-14