MGMT at The Fillmore
Brooklyn synth-rockers MGMT plays The Fillmore Miami Beach at Jackie Gleason Theater on October 26.
October 26, 2010
The Fillmore Miami Beach
at Jackie Gleason Theater
1700 Washington Ave.
Miami Beach, FL 33139
Fresh off headlining performances at some of 2010's biggest music festivals -- Coachella and Lollapalooza -- MGMT is gearing up for its first ever show in South Florida.
The five-piece psychedelic synth-rock and pop band will take the stage at The Fillmore Miami Beach at Jackie Gleason Theater on Tuesday, October 26.
Originally formed by duo Andrew VanWyngarden and Ben Goldwasser in 2005 while studying at Wesleyan University in Middletown, Connecticut, they released several independent albums and EPs before taking the music industry by storm with their major label debut, 2008's Oracular Spectacular.
That album spawned several successful singles, including "Time To Pretend," "Electric Feel" and "Kids," all of which have been used in commercials, video games and covered by a plethora of artists.
MGMT's 2010 sophomore release, Congratulations, lacked the universal praise and hit singles of their first album, but still managed to debut at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 album charts.
At Lollapalooza in August, the band explained why it took so long to visit Miami, and expressed excitement to perform in South Florida for the first time (watch video above).
Tickets for the show are $44 and are available at Live Nation.
Music in Miami
- Space Welcomes Queen of Techno Nicole Moudaber on Saturday, June 6
- Rec Room Turns Up with DJ Craze Friday, May 15
- Win Tickets to See andhim at Treehouse on Thursday, May 14
- Rico Love Launches New Album at E11EVEN Wednesday, May 13
- Serge Devant Talks Club Culture in the U.S.
- Action Bronson Takes Tour to Grand Central on Friday, May 8
- Kölsch takes over Treehouse Friday, May 8
- Indie-rock heroes The Pixies reassemble to perform at SunFest
- Do Not Sit On the Furniture hosts Serge Devant April 24
- Samo Sound Boy celebrates album release at Bardot on May 2