MGMT at The Fillmore
Brooklyn synth-rockers MGMT plays The Fillmore Miami Beach at Jackie Gleason Theater on October 26.
October 26, 2010
The Fillmore Miami Beach
at Jackie Gleason Theater
1700 Washington Ave.
Miami Beach, FL 33139
Fresh off headlining performances at some of 2010's biggest music festivals -- Coachella and Lollapalooza -- MGMT is gearing up for its first ever show in South Florida.
The five-piece psychedelic synth-rock and pop band will take the stage at The Fillmore Miami Beach at Jackie Gleason Theater on Tuesday, October 26.
Originally formed by duo Andrew VanWyngarden and Ben Goldwasser in 2005 while studying at Wesleyan University in Middletown, Connecticut, they released several independent albums and EPs before taking the music industry by storm with their major label debut, 2008's Oracular Spectacular.
That album spawned several successful singles, including "Time To Pretend," "Electric Feel" and "Kids," all of which have been used in commercials, video games and covered by a plethora of artists.
MGMT's 2010 sophomore release, Congratulations, lacked the universal praise and hit singles of their first album, but still managed to debut at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 album charts.
At Lollapalooza in August, the band explained why it took so long to visit Miami, and expressed excitement to perform in South Florida for the first time (watch video above).
Tickets for the show are $44 and are available at Live Nation.
Music in Miami
- Los Amigos Invisibles bassist Jose “Catire” Torres talks about upcoming show at Grand Central
- Win a pair of tickets to see One Direction in Miami or Fort Lauderdale
- Recap: Fun. Sings mix of new songs with current hits at LIV nightclub at Fontainebleau
- Meet African diva Angelique Kidjo
- Win a pair of tickets to see fun. at the Fontainebleau on Miami Beach on Wednesday, May 29
- Benoit & Sergio bring unique sound to Eve nightclub in Miami
- Rob Delaney teams up with local company for game
- Bloc Party headlines Absolut X party tonight in Miami
- Beat Camp workshop provides opportunities for aspiring songwriters, music producers
- Carly Rae Jepsen talks about her upcoming show at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach