Metropolitan by COMO Resort Slated to Open in December on Miami Beach
Singapore-based COMO Hotels and Resorts to open first North American property in Miami Beach
The stretch of beach above 23rd St. on Collins Ave. in Miami Beach has seen a lot of action over the last year with a slew of new hotels under construction. Set to open in late 2013 and throughout 2014 are 1 Hotel in the former Gansevoort building, Ian Schraeger’s Edition Hotel, and the far-reaching Faena House and District, slated to encompass four city blocks.
The first to open its doors may be Metropolitan by COMO who recently announced plans for a December 2013 launch. Located at 2445 Collins Ave. inside the former Traymore Hotel, the property is the first North American project by the Singapore-based group, COMO Hotels and Resorts. With properties in London and Bangkok, the Miami Beach concept is intended as a sister resort to its Turks and Caicos Parrot Cay by COMO private island property—only a 90-minute flight from Miami.
With a nod to its former incarnation, the signature restaurant is named The Traymore and will showcase fresh seafood and the flavors of Florida in a fine dining setting. A poolside restaurant and lobby bar, as well as a rooftop pool, spa, and juice bar are also in the works. With a commitment to wellness, the spa will feature a daily schedule of yoga and Pilates classes. The hotel offers direct beach access, as well as a private dock to the west on Indian Creek’s Lake Pancoast.
The concept of barefoot luxury in a boutique setting will be created by Italian designer Paola Navone with contemporary interiors in shades of mint green and slate with marble and chrome surfaces to contrast the nine-story building’s original 1930s Art Deco architecture.
- New Year, New Hotel Packages Across South Florida
- EDITION vs. Thompson—Which is the Hottest New Miami Beach Hotel?
- Inside the Newly Restored Shelborne Wyndham Grand
- 48 Hours in Aruba - Video
- Black Friday & Cyber Monday Hotel Flash Sales
- RoomMate Hotels' CEO Enrique Sarasola on new BeMate apartment rental service
- Holiday Hotel Packages in Miami & Across Florida
- The Raleigh Hotel Presents Jazz Dinner Series
- The James Royal Palm Launches VIP Insider Program
- Grand Banks Oyster Bar draws diners to the Hudson River