Mercadito celebrates Mexican Independence Day with holiday specials
Feast on tamales & chile en nogada
Toast Mexican Independence Sept 13-16 as Mercadito rolls out two a la carte specials. Bite into the chile en nogada (poblano pepper, ground pork, green apple, plantains, raisins, creamy walnut-cinnamon sauce) or tamales (chicken with mole sauce or pork with pumpkin seeds sauce) for a limited time.
- President Hello Kitty? She's got cookies to convince you
- South Beach Seafood Festival 2016 highlights top seafood chefs, restaurants
- Get yours: stone crab season starts Saturday
- Is this the best black-owned food truck in South Florida?
- Food just got a lot better at Heat's American Airlines Arena
- Luke's Diner will be a real place Wednesday. Here's where to get free coffee:
- Poke, not sushi, is what's cool in Miami. Yelp helps us find it
- What Zika? Governor visits Wynwood to promote dining event
- Where to eat great food, drink great wine and beer — and raise money
- Why the Hungry Black Man makes juice bar his pick of the week