Mexican meets Midtown tomorrow
Midtown meets Mexico tomorrow as the much-heralded Mercadito (finally) opens its doors. Walk-ins (reservations will be accepted after Mar 16) will be treated to homemade corn tortillas, signature tacos and an open “guacamole, salsa and ceviche bar” featuring tableside prep. Look for guacamole accented with mango, chipotle and almonds and peanut-laced salsas. Invest $13.50 and enjoy four tacos stuffed with the likes of pan seared tilapia, tomatillo-garlic mojo, beer battered mahi mahi, chile-ancho rubbed pork and grilled pineapple. Wash it all down with a Little Market (tequila reposado, fresh pineapple, chile guajillo, cilantro) or Smokey Pablo (cien años reposado, mango, chile morita, blueberry float) cocktail.
Modeled after a Mexican farmers market, Mercadito (little market in Spanish) is owned by three brothers and maintains locations in NY & Chicago. The indoor/outdoor space seats 95 in addition to a 24-seat lounge. Coming soon – a taqueria promising takeout, delivery and heavy competition for neighboring Lime.
3252 NE First Ave, Miami
- Chefs Aaron Brooks, Dena Marino and Jose Mendin collaborate on a one-night only dinner at Four SeasonsOrlando
- The best spots in Miami to celebrate International Sushi Day
- 3D Printed Candy arrives in Miami on June 1 at Dylan’s Candy Bar
- Coral Gables, Dadeland get anticipated new restaurants
- Beer milkshakes are a 'thing' and they're coming to Wynwood
- Brickell Restaurant Week begins today
- COYO Taco opens in Brickell today
- Celeb chef Michelle Bernstein out at Seagrape
- MiMo's The Federal will close for a week, reopen with new name, concept
- Zak the Baker closed, reopens Friday