Mexican meets Midtown tomorrow
3252 NE First Ave, Miami
Midtown meets Mexico tomorrow as the much-heralded Mercadito (finally) opens its doors. Walk-ins (reservations will be accepted after Mar 16) will be treated to homemade corn tortillas, signature tacos and an open “guacamole, salsa and ceviche bar” featuring tableside prep. Look for guacamole accented with mango, chipotle and almonds and peanut-laced salsas. Invest $13.50 and enjoy four tacos stuffed with the likes of pan seared tilapia, tomatillo-garlic mojo, beer battered mahi mahi, chile-ancho rubbed pork and grilled pineapple. Wash it all down with a Little Market (tequila reposado, fresh pineapple, chile guajillo, cilantro) or Smokey Pablo (cien años reposado, mango, chile morita, blueberry float) cocktail.
Modeled after a Mexican farmers market, Mercadito (little market in Spanish) is owned by three brothers and maintains locations in NY & Chicago. The indoor/outdoor space seats 95 in addition to a 24-seat lounge. Coming soon – a taqueria promising takeout, delivery and heavy competition for neighboring Lime.
- Slow Food's Ark of Taste at Paraiso Bay
- The List: Oceanaire's Kareem Anguin
- Miami Beach's Macchialina to open in Asheville
- Fresh American Bistro debuts in Sunny Isles
- The List: Seagrape's Michelle Bernstein
- Pubbelly and Wynwood Brewing Co. to open restaurant, beer bar on cruise ship
- Are these the best restaurants in South Florida?
- La Nuit en Rosé wine festival coming to Miami Beach Edition
- Miami's 15 most anticipated restaurants of 2015
- The List: 50 Eggs' John Kunkel