Mexican meets Midtown tomorrow
3252 NE First Ave, Miami
Midtown meets Mexico tomorrow as the much-heralded Mercadito (finally) opens its doors. Walk-ins (reservations will be accepted after Mar 16) will be treated to homemade corn tortillas, signature tacos and an open “guacamole, salsa and ceviche bar” featuring tableside prep. Look for guacamole accented with mango, chipotle and almonds and peanut-laced salsas. Invest $13.50 and enjoy four tacos stuffed with the likes of pan seared tilapia, tomatillo-garlic mojo, beer battered mahi mahi, chile-ancho rubbed pork and grilled pineapple. Wash it all down with a Little Market (tequila reposado, fresh pineapple, chile guajillo, cilantro) or Smokey Pablo (cien años reposado, mango, chile morita, blueberry float) cocktail.
Modeled after a Mexican farmers market, Mercadito (little market in Spanish) is owned by three brothers and maintains locations in NY & Chicago. The indoor/outdoor space seats 95 in addition to a 24-seat lounge. Coming soon – a taqueria promising takeout, delivery and heavy competition for neighboring Lime.
- Celebrate Halloween early at Tongue & Cheek's Saturday brunch
- 'Top Chef' favorite Fabio Viviani gives Miami recipes today, food next month
- Guide to South Florida's October wine and beer dinners
- Michelle Bernstein taps Steven Rojas as Seagrape's chef de cuisine
- Esquire's new restaurant guru is a Miami homeboy
- Alicia Silverstone talks Moby, vegan food and Miami's Seed Festival
- The List: Michael Mina's Miami restaurant picks
- Cvi.Che 105 set to open in South Beach
- 50 Eggs guest chef dinner features Macchialina's Michael Pirolo
- Michael Mina's Stripsteak opening next month in Fontainebleau Miami Beach