Mexican meets Midtown tomorrow
Midtown meets Mexico tomorrow as the much-heralded Mercadito (finally) opens its doors. Walk-ins (reservations will be accepted after Mar 16) will be treated to homemade corn tortillas, signature tacos and an open “guacamole, salsa and ceviche bar” featuring tableside prep. Look for guacamole accented with mango, chipotle and almonds and peanut-laced salsas. Invest $13.50 and enjoy four tacos stuffed with the likes of pan seared tilapia, tomatillo-garlic mojo, beer battered mahi mahi, chile-ancho rubbed pork and grilled pineapple. Wash it all down with a Little Market (tequila reposado, fresh pineapple, chile guajillo, cilantro) or Smokey Pablo (cien años reposado, mango, chile morita, blueberry float) cocktail.
Modeled after a Mexican farmers market, Mercadito (little market in Spanish) is owned by three brothers and maintains locations in NY & Chicago. The indoor/outdoor space seats 95 in addition to a 24-seat lounge. Coming soon – a taqueria promising takeout, delivery and heavy competition for neighboring Lime.
3252 NE First Ave, Miami
- Not even a dead body got people out of line for cronuts in New York
- Look like a celebrity and get free food
- A barbecued grilled cheese with Heat -- Miami Heat, that is
- Here's why you should call Dolores ... Miami Smokers for the summer
- We ordered free ice cream from UberEATS. Here's what happened
- South of Spice dining event is a luxurious taste of South Beach
- These 9 Miami food and cocktail events are so good we can't pick just one
- Why this chef wants to bring fine dining to Cuba
- Uber will bring you free ice cream Friday
- Miami Chefs Taking Their Talents to Casa de Campo For a Weekend