Mexican meets Midtown tomorrow
3252 NE First Ave, Miami
Midtown meets Mexico tomorrow as the much-heralded Mercadito (finally) opens its doors. Walk-ins (reservations will be accepted after Mar 16) will be treated to homemade corn tortillas, signature tacos and an open “guacamole, salsa and ceviche bar” featuring tableside prep. Look for guacamole accented with mango, chipotle and almonds and peanut-laced salsas. Invest $13.50 and enjoy four tacos stuffed with the likes of pan seared tilapia, tomatillo-garlic mojo, beer battered mahi mahi, chile-ancho rubbed pork and grilled pineapple. Wash it all down with a Little Market (tequila reposado, fresh pineapple, chile guajillo, cilantro) or Smokey Pablo (cien años reposado, mango, chile morita, blueberry float) cocktail.
Modeled after a Mexican farmers market, Mercadito (little market in Spanish) is owned by three brothers and maintains locations in NY & Chicago. The indoor/outdoor space seats 95 in addition to a 24-seat lounge. Coming soon – a taqueria promising takeout, delivery and heavy competition for neighboring Lime.
- Siena Tavern closes after six months in South Beach
- Swine Southern seeks new top chef as Jacob Anaya leaves Miami for California
- Saffron Supper Club lands at Bocce in midtown Miami
- The List: Miami's best foods with Cleo's Danny Elmaleh
- 9beach Fusion Kitchen & Lounge Bar set to open in South Beach
- Former Seaspice chef to oversee food at Fort Lauderdale hotel-condo
- The List: Miami's best eats with Piripi's Najat Kaanache
- Chefs named at new Miami restaurants Centro Taco, Laffa Mediterranean and Zest
- The List: Miami's best food with Sushi Maki's Abe Ng
- Miami's best burgers are getting fired up at Burger Brawl