Men's Denim Tips
Blokes, lend us your ears: We chat up MiH and Jean Machine Owner Chloe Lonsdale on tips for selecting men's denim.
For a tailored denim fit, one need only slip on a pair of MiH jeans for size. A favorite amongst the likes of Sarah Jessica Parker, Sienna Miller, Lana del Rey, Katie Holmes, Emmy Rossum and more, MiH (short for “Made in Heaven”) the Brit It label has acquired quite the fashion-forward following. The label recently re-launched men’s denim, too, in the shape of Jean Machine. We chat up MiH Owner Chloe Lonsdale on tips for selecting men's denim:
1. Think about what occasions you'll wear your jeans, a dark clean wash is the most versatile and a key part of every mans wardrobe but a softer more vintage wash is great if its an off duty style you need.
2. Jeans make a great foundation to any outfit and it’s no longer about the brand name and more about a great fit and cut with clean back pockets. For our men's line, Jean Machine we offer 3 cuts — JM 1, JM 2 or JM 3, which provide a subtle variation on the signature Jean Machine look deepening on your physique — from slim to relaxed for a more athletic build.
3. A great jean improves with age, the best way to get them perfect for you is to wear them in. If raw denim is too unforgiving, opt for a light-rinse wash that is pre-shrunk and softer to touch, but still a blank canvas for wearing your own way.
4. Investing in good quality denim makes all the difference. Beautiful fabrics will deliver a much richer texture, color and wash more beautifully and they often have a selvedge edge that makes a great detail when turned up at the hem.
5. When you find the jean you like, make a note of the cut name and size so it’s easy to restock when you need to. It sounds obvious but labels can fade and fall off and the most frustrating thing is finding your perfect pair and then not being able to buy more. We kept our style names very straightforward and clearly marked in the back waistband and our philosophy is to never be out of stock on our core fits in Raw, Rinse, Aged and Black so our customers can rely on us when they need to. Its something I learned from my father and has made a big impact on our customers since the relaunch of Jean Machine.
- W South Beach Presents New W Speakerbox Concert Series
- Ultra Music Festival names retiring Miami Beach Police Chief Ray Martinez new security director
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 18 - 20
- Velvet Underground: Vinyl fever returns on Record Store Day, LA-based dark glam opera band 'Timur and the Dime Museum' plays for The Miami Light Project, and go retro with famed drag queen Elaine Lancaster at Miami Bingo Bash
- Velvet Underground: Heavyweight champion Shannon "The Cannon" Briggs hosts fight night at Wonderland, Cuban hip hopper Danay Suarez plays North Beach, Alberto Cabrera's Bread + Butter launches happy hour
- MOVA Lounge hosts 5th annual Block Party for Miami Beach Gay Pride Festival
- Plans emerge to save Miami's oldest bar as owners announce sale of Tobacco Road
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 11 - 13
- Dita Von Teese takes it off for South Florida
- 'Cocktales: Confessions of a Nymphomaniac' debuts at Bardot and runs through April