Memorial Day Weekend 2009
Don't know where to get your hip-hop on this holiday weekend? No worries, Shorty, we got you covered right here.
By Michael Hamersly
Memorial Day Weekend in Miami can mean only one thing: The hottest clubs will be hip-hoppin' with the most bootylicious bodies poppin'. Oh, and lots and lots of traffic. Here's a handy guide to where Shorty can get the lowest to keep your aimless cruising to a minimum (and watch that booming bass in your rides, fellas - you just might get a ticket).
SUNDAY, MAY 24
Yung Joc, with performances by Papa Duck and Rare Breed; 10 p.m. at Dream , 532 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; www.dreammia.com; $40.
Imagine Sundays, presented by ex-Dolphin Louis Oliver and Michael Gardner, features Grammy-winning hip-hop super-producer Jermaine Dupri throwing down beats behind the decks along with DJ Affect and Don P. Hey, maybe JD's more-famous squeeze Janet Jackson will show up! 11 p.m. at LIV at the Fontainebleau, 4441 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-674-4680 or www.livnightclub.com; call for table service.
Algernod Lanier Washington, aka "Da REAList" rapper Plies; 10 p.m. at Dolce, 501 Ocean Dr., Miami Beach; www.memorialweekend09.com; $100-$300.
Atlanta Vs. Miami, hosted by Rick Ross and Young Jeezy, judged by T-Pain; music by DJs Cipha Sounds, Infamous andKhaled; 10 p.m. at Mansion, 1235 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; www.mansionmiami.com; $100.
There'll be lots of tall dudes at the First Annual Miami Heat Party, hosted by Uncle Luke and Trina, with DJs Nasty,Killa Mike, Epps and Ice-T; 10 p.m. at Cameo, 1445 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; www.cameomiami.com; $50-$100.
Tremaine Aldon Neverson, aka Trey Songz, performs live at 10 p.m. at SoBe Live, 1203 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; www.sobelivesouthbeach.com; $40-$80, first 200 ladies get in free.
Busta Rhymes performs, with host K Foxx and K Kutta; 10 p.m. at Ink Nightclub, 717 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; www.minksouthbeach.com; $60.
MONDAY, MAY 25
MIA Fin-A-Le; 10 p.m. at Ink Nightclub, 717 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; www.miaminiceweekend.com; $30.
Luther Campbell gets wild one last time at Uncle Luke Uncensored, along with Roxy Reynolds; 10 p.m. at SoBe Live, 1203 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; www.sobelivesouthbeach.com; $40-$80.
The Source Magazine Party, with Jadakiss, Busta Rhymes and DJ S&S; 10 p.m. at Cameo, 1445 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; www.cameomiami.com; $50-$100.
- Railroad Blues boasts weekend lineup of local musicians
- Club Rio offers DJs, bottle service with gaming
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - September 12 - 14
- Go Drink This: Sweet Tarts Cocktail
- Velvet Underground: Complimentary wine for women at (petit) Miami and Cat Shell performs at the W South Beach
- All-star team brings 'Sweet Liberty Drink and Supply Company' to South Beach in December
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - September 5 - 7
- Go Drink This: White Cosmo
- Velvet Underground: Dine in style with chef Aaron Dreilinger and Brick House launches throwback dance party series
- Ultra Music Festival bans minors