The Upper East Side is teeming with eclectic shops. Memoires is the latest to join the gang.
7326 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami
The lowdown: The latest addition to Biscayne Corridor? Memoires antiques and home décor store. “It’s a place where anyone can find anything — a place for exploring, creating and an experience for everyone. Memoires features a curated collection which ranges from European soaps, candles and jewelry to antiques, homes goods and furniture,” Owner Stephanie Guernsey says.
The ‘hood: Burrowed on Biscayne Boulevard and NE 73rd Street, Memoire’s neighbors include the Vagabond Hotel, Julian Chang and The Consignment Bar.
The ambience: Think Parisian chic. As French music pipes through the air, design details like huge gilded mirrors, velvet curtains and iconic ‘40s Louis Vuitton luggage sets say, ooh la la.
Highlights: Think everything from small gift items to interior design accent pieces. Goods such as European soaps (from $4), Shinzi Katoh baby towels (from $9), Reed & Barton silver frames ($45), Satya jewelry ($45), MOR skincare ($25), French antique colonial olive jars from the 18th century ($800) and Christofle silver from the ‘40s (from $950).
The owner says: “We’re the perfect store for one to find a present to a museum collectible — a treasure chest of trinkets and inquisition,” Guernsey adds.
- Adrienne Bosh Brings Paris to Miami
- Suit up! There’s a New Menswear Mecca in Town
- Lilly Pulitzer Opens First Miami Store
- History Meets Home Décor at Bonnin Ashley
- Diane von Furstenberg Opens New Boutique
- Chic Fitness Brand ALALA Debuts at Six:02
- Meet Versona, Miami’s New One-Stop Shop for Style
- VINCE Opens at Village of Merrick Park
- Vanity Projects Brings Luxury Nail Art to the 305
- Jason of Beverly Hills Dazzles the Design District