Melissa Shoes Pop-Up Miami Celebrates Art Basel
The Lincoln Road-based pop up to exhibit installation by artist Sebastian Errazuriz.
Melissa Pop Up Miami
830 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach
Hot on the heels (pun intended) of the pop up opening of everyone's favorite plastic shoe brand, Melissa, the shop will celebrate Art Boozel, er, Basel with an installation by artist Sebastian Errazuriz.
Entitled “12 Shoes for 12 Lovers,” Errazuriz’s exhibition features 12 sensational shoe sculptures, each inspired by a real former girlfriend or lover. Scandalous!
The 411 on the sculptures? Each are rendered with state-of-the art 3-D printing technology, through which the artist explores the boundaries between art and product design. A 3D printer converts a digital file into a three dimensional object that can be used for everyday life purposes. The “ink” is a plastic filament that melts under heat and is deposited layer upon layer via a stylus guided by the code in a digital file that can be easily modified to fit the desires of the end user.
The sculptures will be unveiled at a private cocktail reception on Thursday, December 5, 2013, and the exhibition will be open to the public through January 5 2014.
- Peep the Lilly Pultizer Jeep!
- New Store Openings at Aventura Mall
- Love is in the HAIR at Blo Midtown
- New Outlet Locations Coming Soon to Sawgrass Mills
- Blush Boutique Blowout Sale
- Eberjey Sample Sale!
- Art Basel Shopping & Fashion Events Guide
- Hola, Webster Cabana at St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort
- U.S. Polo Assn. Pop-Up Event at University of Miami
- Black Friday and Holiday Season Mall Hours