Melissa Shoes Pop-Up Miami Celebrates Art Basel
The Lincoln Road-based pop up to exhibit installation by artist Sebastian Errazuriz.
Hot on the heels (pun intended) of the pop up opening of everyone's favorite plastic shoe brand, Melissa, the shop will celebrate Art Boozel, er, Basel with an installation by artist Sebastian Errazuriz.
Entitled “12 Shoes for 12 Lovers,” Errazuriz’s exhibition features 12 sensational shoe sculptures, each inspired by a real former girlfriend or lover. Scandalous!
The 411 on the sculptures? Each are rendered with state-of-the art 3-D printing technology, through which the artist explores the boundaries between art and product design. A 3D printer converts a digital file into a three dimensional object that can be used for everyday life purposes. The “ink” is a plastic filament that melts under heat and is deposited layer upon layer via a stylus guided by the code in a digital file that can be easily modified to fit the desires of the end user.
The sculptures will be unveiled at a private cocktail reception on Thursday, December 5, 2013, and the exhibition will be open to the public through January 5 2014.
Melissa Pop Up Miami
830 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach
- Louis Vuitton's Latest Launch Is Heavenly Scent
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know Were Sprouting up In the Design District
- Where is the newest H&M going to open in South Florida? We know all the details
- Sawgrass Mills Memorial Day Super Sale
- H&M Aventura Is Getting a Facelift
- Destination Fashion 2016 Recap
- Design on a Dime 2016
- Bal Harbour Shops Hosts Film Festival for Fashion Lovers
- Trina Turk & Mr. Turk Boutique Opening in MiMo
- 9 New Stores At Sawgrass Mills