Melania Trump: No Housewife
Palm Beach socialite has no time for reality shows
Don't look for Melania Trump to star in the next Real Housewives franchise. Even though the Slovenian beauty has been approached to do the Bravo show, that's just not her bag. "Those women have nothing in common with me,'' says Trump, 40. "Who are those people? Don't they have a life? I don't need my 15 minutes of fame.'' Maybe because she already has fame - being married to one of the most well-known magnates in the world, Donald Trump.
Besides, she's too busy doing her own thing. Married to the 64-year-old Apprentice host since 2005, the former model has recently come out with a second jewelry line. And yes, you can afford the sparklers - they're on QVC priced at under $200. "It's for everybody,'' promises Trump, who has a degree in design and architecture. "Women across the country don't need to spend thousands of dollars.''
The baubles and time pieces were inspired by the former model's favorite places - Paris, where she spent time working; as well as New York and Palm Beach, where the couple has homes. "I love beautiful things,'' says Trump, who found inspiration from her own collection as well as glam presents from her hubby. "It's a nice mix of sporty, elegant, business oriented and chic,'' she says.
It's amazing the mother of one has the time. Even Mrs. Donald Trump is not immune to the juggling act.
My schedule is very busy,'' Trump says. "Barron is a very energetic little 4-year- old boy.'' Plus, she has The Donald at home. "As I have said, I feel like have two boys,'' she says, laughing. "One big one and one little one.''
On Our Radar
- Celebrity doctor's Grove home sells
- Miami teen hits the big time
- Inside details of Sofia Vergara's wedding
- DWTS cast members will present SWAY: A Dance Trilogy at Olympia Theater
- Trey Songz and friends spend the day giving back.
- Recap: Miami.com Experience - Pop-Up Dinner at Bocce with Sugarcane
- Tiger Woods' ex holds dinner in Palm Beach
- Jamaican pop star OMI at club opening
- Miami's (wannabe) adopted son David Beckham is 'Sexiest Man'
- Influence Miami at Bakehouse Art Complex