Tennis star Maria Sharapova makes appearance at Sunset Place
Showed her new candy
Off court, Maria Sharapova has a lot going on. The tennis star has given in to her sweet tooth, with Sugarpova candy. She made a stop, looking glam in a shirt and skirt ensemble and high heels, at the Shops at Sunset Place Tuesday evening to meet fans and give them a taste of Sugarpova. The little ones were especially excited. when she sat behind a table to sign autographs and talk up the sweets that she developed in a factory in Spain.
There are 12 flavors, and more will be introduced in the future. Look for them at select Macy's and at all South Florida IT stores.
Bags are $4.99 a pop. The top sellers are the “Sporty” lime green (lemon lime flavored) gumballs that look exactly like mini tennis balls. Then there's Maria's personal fave, Quirky, a rainbow toffee with a soft marshmallow center and striped outside.
Sugarpova also retails at the site, Sugarpova.com as well as the upscale HenriBendel.com and will eventually be available at 60 Hallmark stores within the U.S., and at Macy’s.
On Our Radar
- Hank Azaria playing emcee at local gala on Sunday night
- Talking to Ana Maria in Novela Land star
- Chazz Palminteri tells his 'Bronx Tale'
- Athletes seen partying in Miami
- Is Miami Heat star Chris Bosh OK?
- Latin stars come together for Premios Lo Nuestro
- William Levy front and center at rum event
- Diana Nyad to re-create famous swim on stage
- Report: Rapper Vanilla Ice arrested
- Emeril Lagasse talks food, milestones and Florida