Tennis star Maria Sharapova makes appearance at Sunset Place
Showed her new candy
Off court, Maria Sharapova has a lot going on. The tennis star has given in to her sweet tooth, with Sugarpova candy. She made a stop, looking glam in a shirt and skirt ensemble and high heels, at the Shops at Sunset Place Tuesday evening to meet fans and give them a taste of Sugarpova. The little ones were especially excited. when she sat behind a table to sign autographs and talk up the sweets that she developed in a factory in Spain.
There are 12 flavors, and more will be introduced in the future. Look for them at select Macy's and at all South Florida IT stores.
Bags are $4.99 a pop. The top sellers are the “Sporty” lime green (lemon lime flavored) gumballs that look exactly like mini tennis balls. Then there's Maria's personal fave, Quirky, a rainbow toffee with a soft marshmallow center and striped outside.
Sugarpova also retails at the site, Sugarpova.com as well as the upscale HenriBendel.com and will eventually be available at 60 Hallmark stores within the U.S., and at Macy’s.
On Our Radar
- Paulina Rubio in hot water over concert no show
- John Leguizamo in Miami to talk new movie
- Dave Chappelle seen at club until the wee hours
- Mario Chalmers hosts first annual Red Hot Winter Wonderland
- Robi Draco Rosa reveals that cancer has returned
- Demi Lovato a headliner at Y100 Jingle Ball
- Strange turn in Justin Bieber lawsuit
- Is Lindsay Lohan behind Basel beatdown?
- Paul Walker to costar with Miami native
- Michael Jordan's wife expecting