Tennis star Maria Sharapova makes appearance at Sunset Place
Showed her new candy
Off court, Maria Sharapova has a lot going on. The tennis star has given in to her sweet tooth, with Sugarpova candy. She made a stop, looking glam in a shirt and skirt ensemble and high heels, at the Shops at Sunset Place Tuesday evening to meet fans and give them a taste of Sugarpova. The little ones were especially excited. when she sat behind a table to sign autographs and talk up the sweets that she developed in a factory in Spain.
There are 12 flavors, and more will be introduced in the future. Look for them at select Macy's and at all South Florida IT stores.
Bags are $4.99 a pop. The top sellers are the “Sporty” lime green (lemon lime flavored) gumballs that look exactly like mini tennis balls. Then there's Maria's personal fave, Quirky, a rainbow toffee with a soft marshmallow center and striped outside.
Sugarpova also retails at the site, Sugarpova.com as well as the upscale HenriBendel.com and will eventually be available at 60 Hallmark stores within the U.S., and at Macy’s.
On Our Radar
- Attend a Miami Vice discussion
- The Music of Miami Vice
- Miami Vice Quiz
- Which Miami Vice Detective Are You?
- Miami Vice Revisited - An Interactive Map
- Two local sisters compete on Amazing Race
- Talking to Bernice, 'South Beach Tow' fan favorite
- Celebrity spotting: NFL player and beauty queen
- Chris Bosh gets second mortgage on his house
- Breakout Boca singer Ariana Grande heading to AAA