Tennis star Maria Sharapova makes appearance at Sunset Place
Showed her new candy
Off court, Maria Sharapova has a lot going on. The tennis star has given in to her sweet tooth, with Sugarpova candy. She made a stop, looking glam in a shirt and skirt ensemble and high heels, at the Shops at Sunset Place Tuesday evening to meet fans and give them a taste of Sugarpova. The little ones were especially excited. when she sat behind a table to sign autographs and talk up the sweets that she developed in a factory in Spain.
There are 12 flavors, and more will be introduced in the future. Look for them at select Macy's and at all South Florida IT stores.
Bags are $4.99 a pop. The top sellers are the “Sporty” lime green (lemon lime flavored) gumballs that look exactly like mini tennis balls. Then there's Maria's personal fave, Quirky, a rainbow toffee with a soft marshmallow center and striped outside.
Sugarpova also retails at the site, Sugarpova.com as well as the upscale HenriBendel.com and will eventually be available at 60 Hallmark stores within the U.S., and at Macy’s.
On Our Radar
- Jose Fernandez fans get a chance to say goodbye today
- Miami mourns the loss of Marlins pitcher Jose Fernandez
- Shane Battier and his annual Battioke brings out NBA stars
- Barbara Streisand coming to Miami area before the holidays
- Moet bottle made just for Miami champagne lovers
- Khloe Kardashian shows off her new boyfriend in Miami
- Kim Kardashian's midnight tanning session in Miami
- 'Selma' star David Oyelowo in Miami
- Donald Trump and Kanye West to Cause Traffic Kerfuffle in Miami
- Vogue with Madonna at Art Basel