Meet the Old Spice guy
Seen those funny Old Spice ads on TV starring Isaiah Mustafa? You've likely seen the former-NFL-player-turned-actor in ``The Man Your Man Could Smell Like'' campaign; there are four spots, to be...
Seen those funny Old Spice ads on TV starring Isaiah Mustafa?
The goofy ad has done well on YouTube -- and on TBS's Funniest Commercials of the Year special, airing 10 p.m. Thursday, we can see if it's a winner. Mustafa will host the show, featuring appearances by other pitchmen, including Jonathan Goldsmith, of Dos Equis beer's ``Most Interesting Man in the World'' spots.
We chatted briefly with Mustafa, who is rumored to be dating Neve Campbell (no comment) and will star in Tyler Perry's upcoming Madea's Big Happy Family.
You must have a ton of Old Spice in your house.
``They keep me well-stocked. They gave me a year's supply. When that runs out, I get another year.''
Why did you want to rep this scent?
``It's one of those things that's been in every locker room I've ever been in. It's been around for almost 75 years now; I was definitely aware of it before. I was so blessed to be the spokesperson for it.''
How do you get so buff?
``I was already in shape. I worked out on a consistent basis before the job. That's just how I am. I just like working out. Now I maintain.''
What's your routine like?
``I do the P90X [a mix of various workouts] with Tony Horton, so it's fun. Other than that, I keep it to chin-ups, pull-ups and sit-ups -- just a lot of them. I have [football legend] Herschel Walker's type of mentality. I work out all throughout the day.''
What was the biggest challenge of the ads?
``Everything is done in real time, right there. There is no splicing; it's one take. That's what makes them so unique.''
-- MADELEINE MARR
On Our Radar
- 3 rare pre-embargo Cuban cigars to buy in Miami
- How to get the celebrity bikini body you crave
- Luis Guzman in Miami: Spanish is easier than French
- Miami artist Becky Rosa unveils massive public art installation at Wynwood gallery
- Antonio Banderas: I have an attachment to Miami
- Runway Reviews from Miami Fashion Week 2016
- Do you live in one of the most stressed out places in Florida?
- Gwen Stefani's having trouble selling tickets for tour
- Miami Fashion Week arrives with new celebs and a fresh vision
- 5 things to know about 2 Chainz