Meet Miami's Best Dressed Man
Angel Ramos, a real estate broker at Sotheby's, is a winner of Esquire's Best Dressed Real Man contest.
You won't catch Angel Ramos in baggy pants, sweatpants or a tee.
Dressing down is not an option for the 29-year-old Sotheby’s International real estate broker. The Brickell resident keeps his closet filled with Astor & Black suits, Gucci and Testoni shoes and T.M. Lewin dress shirts.
“In my line of work it’s important to look your best at all times. You have to brand yourself and pay close attention to your appearance and grooming habits.’’
To some men suits can be uncomfortable, especially in this Miami heat and humidity. But Ramos mingles with the rich and famous – he’d rather sweat it out than be caught looking like a hot mess. “I want people to notice me and say, that kid’s got class.’’
For fashion tips, he turns to his favorite Italian style icons (and famous suit wearers), Domenica Vacca and Gianni Agneill. New to Miami, Ramos has one style request: throw away your baggy jeans. “It’s tacky.’’
Dressing well has paid off for the New York native. He’s gone from selling mansions to celebrities to being named a winner of Esquire’s Best Dressed Real Man contest.
When we chatted over the phone, Ramos, one of five finalists, sounded ecstatic. "I feel awesome. My phone's been blowing up all day with people calling to congratulate me.''
Seriously, gracing the covers of the men’s mag hasn’t gone to his head. “I didn’t plan on on entering the contest.’’ But after peering in his closet, his wife and a few friends convinced him to give it a try. “I was surprised when I found out [the magazine] chose me. I’m a humble guy and feel very lucky.’’
Ramos will collect a style package worth $20,000 (which includes a $10,000 wardrobe from Kenneth Cole and VIP tickets to this week's New York Fashion Week.
To check out Ramos’ Esquire profile, click here
On Our Radar
- Rap mogul Birdman dating Toni Braxton
- Sarah Jessica Parker popping in to Bloomingdale's Aventura
- 3 rare pre-embargo Cuban cigars to buy in Miami
- How to get the celebrity bikini body you crave
- Luis Guzman in Miami: Spanish is easier than French
- Miami artist Becky Rosa unveils massive public art installation at Wynwood gallery
- Antonio Banderas: I have an attachment to Miami
- Runway Reviews from Miami Fashion Week 2016
- Do you live in one of the most stressed out places in Florida?
- Gwen Stefani's having trouble selling tickets for tour