Meet Miami's Best Dressed Man
Angel Ramos, a real estate broker at Sotheby's, is a winner of Esquire's Best Dressed Real Man contest.
You won't catch Angel Ramos in baggy pants, sweatpants or a tee.
Dressing down is not an option for the 29-year-old Sotheby’s International real estate broker. The Brickell resident keeps his closet filled with Astor & Black suits, Gucci and Testoni shoes and T.M. Lewin dress shirts.
“In my line of work it’s important to look your best at all times. You have to brand yourself and pay close attention to your appearance and grooming habits.’’
To some men suits can be uncomfortable, especially in this Miami heat and humidity. But Ramos mingles with the rich and famous – he’d rather sweat it out than be caught looking like a hot mess. “I want people to notice me and say, that kid’s got class.’’
For fashion tips, he turns to his favorite Italian style icons (and famous suit wearers), Domenica Vacca and Gianni Agneill. New to Miami, Ramos has one style request: throw away your baggy jeans. “It’s tacky.’’
Dressing well has paid off for the New York native. He’s gone from selling mansions to celebrities to being named a winner of Esquire’s Best Dressed Real Man contest.
When we chatted over the phone, Ramos, one of five finalists, sounded ecstatic. "I feel awesome. My phone's been blowing up all day with people calling to congratulate me.''
Seriously, gracing the covers of the men’s mag hasn’t gone to his head. “I didn’t plan on on entering the contest.’’ But after peering in his closet, his wife and a few friends convinced him to give it a try. “I was surprised when I found out [the magazine] chose me. I’m a humble guy and feel very lucky.’’
Ramos will collect a style package worth $20,000 (which includes a $10,000 wardrobe from Kenneth Cole and VIP tickets to this week's New York Fashion Week.
To check out Ramos’ Esquire profile, click here
On Our Radar
- Cheech Marin is promoting a new ‘substance’ in Miami
- Heidi Klum: She’s an artist, too
- Fidel Castro is dead. Miami's Cuban exiles celebrate.
- Andy Cohen talks about celebrity gossip in latest book
- Report: An 'exhausted' Kanye West cancels tour, is hospitalized
- Singer Kesha in Miami for charity
- Fifth Harmony singer Lauren Jauregui comes out in letter
- Marc Anthony splits with wife
- Internet claps back at guy who yelled 'Trump!' in viral Starbucks video
- Lucie Arnaz to pay homage to her father Desi Arnaz