Meet the cast of Prom
Disney's big high school movie
Yep, it’s the time of year for high schoolers to get all gussied up and act like they’re in the real world. Disney’s simply titled Prom, out Friday, tells the story of a pack of teens in the weeks leading up to the big night. They have a bigger issue than the corsage, limo and dress: the date. Getting one isn’t as easy as it looks.
The movie stars Friday Night Lights’ Aimee Teegarden as Nova, head of the prom committee, who has boy issues (the one she likes is clueless) and Thomas McDonell, as the rebel Jesse, complete with requisite long hair, sultry smile and motorcycle. His bad behavior lands him the punishment of helping Nova on the committee. Will they see eye to eye on flowers, decorations and punch? Southern California native Teegarden, who can also be seen in Scream 4, and native New Yorker McDonell visited The Miami Herald, along with Los Angeles-born costar Janelle Ortiz, who plays high school gossiper Ali., to tell us about their craziest prom night.
TM: I went to boarding school in Andover, Mass. We had our prom on a boat. It was part of controlling the student body, to keep track of all of us. We understood their method. They kept us out super late so everyone was totally exhausted and went right to sleep after we docked.
JO: Not my prom, but my homecoming. My mom set me up. She pawned me off on this guy without asking me. Whatever. I met this kid and I was like, OK, I told him I had no intentions of having a romantic relationship. Well, right, he got extremely inappropriate. I freaked out and went to the bathroom and decided to come back and say I had sprained my ankle. I told him to go out there to optimize the night, but no, he stayed to massage my foot! It was really awkward and uncomfortable. I ended up leaving by myself.
AT: Unlike my character, who is in charge of decorations, I just went with some friends, had a nice dinner beforehand. It was very relaxed, at the House of Blues.
On Our Radar
- 3 rare pre-embargo Cuban cigars to buy in Miami
- How to get the celebrity bikini body you crave
- Luis Guzman in Miami: Spanish is easier than French
- Miami artist Becky Rosa unveils massive public art installation at Wynwood gallery
- Antonio Banderas: I have an attachment to Miami
- Runway Reviews from Miami Fashion Week 2016
- Do you live in one of the most stressed out places in Florida?
- Gwen Stefani's having trouble selling tickets for tour
- Miami Fashion Week arrives with new celebs and a fresh vision
- 5 things to know about 2 Chainz