Meet the cast of Prom
Disney's big high school movie
Yep, it’s the time of year for high schoolers to get all gussied up and act like they’re in the real world. Disney’s simply titled Prom, out Friday, tells the story of a pack of teens in the weeks leading up to the big night. They have a bigger issue than the corsage, limo and dress: the date. Getting one isn’t as easy as it looks.
The movie stars Friday Night Lights’ Aimee Teegarden as Nova, head of the prom committee, who has boy issues (the one she likes is clueless) and Thomas McDonell, as the rebel Jesse, complete with requisite long hair, sultry smile and motorcycle. His bad behavior lands him the punishment of helping Nova on the committee. Will they see eye to eye on flowers, decorations and punch? Southern California native Teegarden, who can also be seen in Scream 4, and native New Yorker McDonell visited The Miami Herald, along with Los Angeles-born costar Janelle Ortiz, who plays high school gossiper Ali., to tell us about their craziest prom night.
TM: I went to boarding school in Andover, Mass. We had our prom on a boat. It was part of controlling the student body, to keep track of all of us. We understood their method. They kept us out super late so everyone was totally exhausted and went right to sleep after we docked.
JO: Not my prom, but my homecoming. My mom set me up. She pawned me off on this guy without asking me. Whatever. I met this kid and I was like, OK, I told him I had no intentions of having a romantic relationship. Well, right, he got extremely inappropriate. I freaked out and went to the bathroom and decided to come back and say I had sprained my ankle. I told him to go out there to optimize the night, but no, he stayed to massage my foot! It was really awkward and uncomfortable. I ended up leaving by myself.
AT: Unlike my character, who is in charge of decorations, I just went with some friends, had a nice dinner beforehand. It was very relaxed, at the House of Blues.
On Our Radar
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street
- Orange is the New Black star gets her drink on
- Where to get hurricane updates without a TV
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Ruffalo at “Before the Flood” screening
- What's closed in Miami because of Hurricane Matthew
- La La Anthony in Miami trying out cocktails