Fall debuts for Hung Huynh's CATCH, Kris Wessel's Florida Cookery & SL Miami at James Royal Palm
Top Chef winner's seafood restaurant, Wessel's newest, & Meatpacking District lounge scheduled for fall debut
A fish out of its Meatpacking District water, CATCH, the two floor, 3,770 square foot restaurant helmed by executive chef and Top Chef Miami winner Hung Huynh, is slated to open sometime in the Fall at the James Royal Palm. For an idea of what to expect on the "globally influenced seafood" menu, click here. Some signature dishes at the NYC location include:crispy whole red snapper with oyster mushrooms, peppers and chili-garlic sauce; Dungeness crab tagliatelli with flying fish roe and scallion tomato sauce; and crab and chorizo stuffed calimari with chickpeas, piquillo peppers, mint and chili lime. Hours of operation will be seasonal, they say, with peak hours from 5pm-11pm Sunday-Wednesday and 5pm-12:30am Thursday-Saturday. Prior to the opening, reservations can be made by calling 212-627-1235.
For a truly local spin on food, Kris Wessel's Florida Cookery at the James is also slated for a fall opening--October, last we were told. “As a native Floridian, with roots spanning several generations, I want to establish Florida Cookery as an iconic culinary destination," said Wessel. "My goal is to provide a unique hyper-regional experience that will allow me to utilize my knowledge of local product while also showcasing what a rich melting pot South Florida cooking represents.” Things to look forward to: Frog Legs Bathing in Lime Leaves, lychee roasted quail and mango pie.
Also opening in the hotel is SL Miami, the requisite sceney bar/lounge sporting steel and glass-clad champagne coolers, gold mirrored glass ceilings and walls lined with backlit x-ray light panels, that also hails from the Meatpacking District as well as East Hampton. Says a rep, "SL Miami marks the second outpost of the brand and will boast the same level of exceptional service and signature style characteristic of its NY predecessors."
1545 Collins Ave.
- Ferran Adrià, Jorge Muñoz, Aaron Mulliss & Nick Beardshaw in Miami for Estrella Damm Gastronomy Congress
- Soyka's second act: Miami restaurateur to open first restaurant in 15 years
- Big name chefs heading to Hyde Beach on September 22 for Hunger Action Month
- Ex Milos chef to head up kitchen at Miami River Greek spot, KIKI on the River
- Rick Bayless restaurant Red O opening in downtown Miami next summer
- Where sushi blends old world and new on South Beach
- Top 5 Arepas in Miami from Yelp
- Mimo Restaurant The Fed Shuts Down
- Where to find artisanal chocolate in South Florida
- These are the most popular Indian restaurants in Miami