Fall debuts for Hung Huynh's CATCH, Kris Wessel's Florida Cookery & SL Miami at James Royal Palm
Top Chef winner's seafood restaurant, Wessel's newest, & Meatpacking District lounge scheduled for fall debut
1545 Collins Ave.
A fish out of its Meatpacking District water, CATCH, the two floor, 3,770 square foot restaurant helmed by executive chef and Top Chef Miami winner Hung Huynh, is slated to open sometime in the Fall at the James Royal Palm. For an idea of what to expect on the "globally influenced seafood" menu, click here. Some signature dishes at the NYC location include:crispy whole red snapper with oyster mushrooms, peppers and chili-garlic sauce; Dungeness crab tagliatelli with flying fish roe and scallion tomato sauce; and crab and chorizo stuffed calimari with chickpeas, piquillo peppers, mint and chili lime. Hours of operation will be seasonal, they say, with peak hours from 5pm-11pm Sunday-Wednesday and 5pm-12:30am Thursday-Saturday. Prior to the opening, reservations can be made by calling 212-627-1235.
For a truly local spin on food, Kris Wessel's Florida Cookery at the James is also slated for a fall opening--October, last we were told. “As a native Floridian, with roots spanning several generations, I want to establish Florida Cookery as an iconic culinary destination," said Wessel. "My goal is to provide a unique hyper-regional experience that will allow me to utilize my knowledge of local product while also showcasing what a rich melting pot South Florida cooking represents.” Things to look forward to: Frog Legs Bathing in Lime Leaves, lychee roasted quail and mango pie.
Also opening in the hotel is SL Miami, the requisite sceney bar/lounge sporting steel and glass-clad champagne coolers, gold mirrored glass ceilings and walls lined with backlit x-ray light panels, that also hails from the Meatpacking District as well as East Hampton. Says a rep, "SL Miami marks the second outpost of the brand and will boast the same level of exceptional service and signature style characteristic of its NY predecessors."
- Golden Fig farmhouse restaurant opening late summer in ex OTC space
- Pierre's, Morada Beach Cafe off the market with new executive chef, Ishmael Toro
- Dinner at La Savina at Mondrian out; Brooklyn's Momo Sushi Shack 'pop-up' in
- Ted's at YoungArts closed
- LGBT Night at Dos Caminos
- OTC closes in Brickell after 3-year run
- Morimoto South Beach introduces weekend brunch
- Ex District chef, James Beard nominee Horacio Rivadero appointed executive chef at Tantalize
- More tacos on the way: Wapo Taco opening in Coral Gables
- DB Bistro Moderne Miami goes casual for the summer