Fall debuts for Hung Huynh's CATCH, Kris Wessel's Florida Cookery & SL Miami at James Royal Palm
Top Chef winner's seafood restaurant, Wessel's newest, & Meatpacking District lounge scheduled for fall debut
A fish out of its Meatpacking District water, CATCH, the two floor, 3,770 square foot restaurant helmed by executive chef and Top Chef Miami winner Hung Huynh, is slated to open sometime in the Fall at the James Royal Palm. For an idea of what to expect on the "globally influenced seafood" menu, click here. Some signature dishes at the NYC location include:crispy whole red snapper with oyster mushrooms, peppers and chili-garlic sauce; Dungeness crab tagliatelli with flying fish roe and scallion tomato sauce; and crab and chorizo stuffed calimari with chickpeas, piquillo peppers, mint and chili lime. Hours of operation will be seasonal, they say, with peak hours from 5pm-11pm Sunday-Wednesday and 5pm-12:30am Thursday-Saturday. Prior to the opening, reservations can be made by calling 212-627-1235.
For a truly local spin on food, Kris Wessel's Florida Cookery at the James is also slated for a fall opening--October, last we were told. “As a native Floridian, with roots spanning several generations, I want to establish Florida Cookery as an iconic culinary destination," said Wessel. "My goal is to provide a unique hyper-regional experience that will allow me to utilize my knowledge of local product while also showcasing what a rich melting pot South Florida cooking represents.” Things to look forward to: Frog Legs Bathing in Lime Leaves, lychee roasted quail and mango pie.
Also opening in the hotel is SL Miami, the requisite sceney bar/lounge sporting steel and glass-clad champagne coolers, gold mirrored glass ceilings and walls lined with backlit x-ray light panels, that also hails from the Meatpacking District as well as East Hampton. Says a rep, "SL Miami marks the second outpost of the brand and will boast the same level of exceptional service and signature style characteristic of its NY predecessors."
1545 Collins Ave.
- Where to find artisanal chocolate in South Florida
- These are the most popular Indian restaurants in Miami
- How to get gourmet clean eating in South Beach
- RIP Randazzo's Little Italy in Coral Gables
- Who has Miami's favorite acai bowls? Yelp! weighs in
- Tap 42 opening second Miami location in ex-Aperio space in Midtown
- Nibble + Squeak dining club for "parents with pipsqueaks" launches in Miami August 24 at Mignonette
- The Rumor Mill: Murmurs of more Miami restaurant, market closings and chef firings . . .
- 305 Brews beer and coffee bar opening in August in Midtown Miami
- Alex Chang leaves The Vagabond, which will re-debut with new chef, new name