MDC launches Miami Culinary Institute
4/13/2011Miami Dade College cuts the ribbon at 11:30 a.m. Thursday on its state-of-the-art Miami Culinary Institute. Tours of the facility, located in Building 6 on the Wolfson Campus, 300 NE Second Ave., begin at 10 a.m.Under the direction of chef John Richards, the MDC School of Culinary Arts will offer a 64-credit associate degree in culinary arts and continuing education for culinary professionals plus courses for food and beverage enthusiasts.The new facility features kitchen labs, a baking lab, a food and beverage theater and a baker-café; 305-237-3276, www.miamidadeculinary.com.
- Chefs named at new Miami restaurants Centro Taco, Laffa Mediterranean and Zest
- DB Bistro Moderne Miami goes casual for the summer
- Get your frites on: Bistro Cassis opens in midtown Miami
- The List: Miami's best food with Sushi Maki's Abe Ng
- Bold & cold: Tio Gazpacho bottles the good stuff
- In Miami Beach, Klima's exquisite food is a study in simplicity
- Miami's best burgers are getting fired up at Burger Brawl
- Brew in Miami: Mother Earth Cali Creamin'
- Take a swim with Soho Bay's fresh fish dishes
- The List: Miami's best foods with Cantina La Veinte's Santiago Gómez