MC Kitchen's Dena Marino gets serenaded by LeBron James & D. Wade
Two of the Three Kings give the chef a cacophonous birthday surprise
Dena Marino may be in control of what comes out of her kitchen at the Design District hot spot MC Kitchen but on Monday night at Miami Heat player Shane Battier's charity event, the cheekily and appropriately titled 'Battioke' at the Eden Roc, she had no idea she'd be celebrating her birthday on stage to a cacophonous, yet no doubt memorable, rendition of the Shai classic "If I Ever Fall In Love" by none other than LeBron James and Dwyane Wade.
But to Marino, a rabid Heat fan, it sounded like Luther Vandross, Barbra Streisand and a choir of birds chirping over a rainbow and surrounded by unicorns. Sort of. "As an avid Heat fan, there really are no words to explain my reaction to LeBron James and Dwyane Wade serenading me. It was hard to keep a straight face – my cheeks were totally flushed and I was in shock. Although my ears weren’t ringing this morning, basketball is definitely their forte! But for the record, I’ll be serenaded from them again any day."
Oh, and we give this video a NSFYE rating. (Not Safe For Your Ears). Don't say we didn't warn you.
- New at Townhouse: K Ramen. Burger. Beer. Plus rooftop "destination" The Cape
- COYO Taco's Scott Linquist opens OLLA Nov. 28 on Lincoln Road
- Bazaar Mar by José Andrés at SLS Brickell open for biz Nov. 22
- My Ceviche opening 6th outpost later this month at The Shops at Midtown
- Is Jack Nicholson an investor in a soon-to-open Miami restaurant?
- Michael Schwartz's Fi'lia opens in Brickell next week
- Brazil's 24/7 French bistro Paris 6 opening October 24 on Miami Beach
- Mignonette opening second location in ex-Gourmet Diner space on Biscayne
- Ferran Adrià, Jorge Muñoz, Aaron Mulliss & Nick Beardshaw in Miami for Estrella Damm Gastronomy Congress
- Soyka's second act: Miami restaurateur to open first restaurant in 15 years