MC Kitchen's Dena Marino gets serenaded by LeBron James & D. Wade
Two of the Three Kings give the chef a cacophonous birthday surprise
Dena Marino may be in control of what comes out of her kitchen at the Design District hot spot MC Kitchen but on Monday night at Miami Heat player Shane Battier's charity event, the cheekily and appropriately titled 'Battioke' at the Eden Roc, she had no idea she'd be celebrating her birthday on stage to a cacophonous, yet no doubt memorable, rendition of the Shai classic "If I Ever Fall In Love" by none other than LeBron James and Dwyane Wade.
But to Marino, a rabid Heat fan, it sounded like Luther Vandross, Barbra Streisand and a choir of birds chirping over a rainbow and surrounded by unicorns. Sort of. "As an avid Heat fan, there really are no words to explain my reaction to LeBron James and Dwyane Wade serenading me. It was hard to keep a straight face – my cheeks were totally flushed and I was in shock. Although my ears weren’t ringing this morning, basketball is definitely their forte! But for the record, I’ll be serenaded from them again any day."
Oh, and we give this video a NSFYE rating. (Not Safe For Your Ears). Don't say we didn't warn you.
- Golden Fig farmhouse restaurant opening late summer in ex OTC space
- Pierre's, Morada Beach Cafe off the market with new executive chef, Ishmael Toro
- Dinner at La Savina at Mondrian out; Brooklyn's Momo Sushi Shack 'pop-up' in
- Ted's at YoungArts closed
- LGBT Night at Dos Caminos
- OTC closes in Brickell after 3-year run
- Morimoto South Beach introduces weekend brunch
- Ex District chef, James Beard nominee Horacio Rivadero appointed executive chef at Tantalize
- More tacos on the way: Wapo Taco opening in Coral Gables
- DB Bistro Moderne Miami goes casual for the summer