MC Kitchen's Dena Marino gets serenaded by LeBron James & D. Wade
Two of the Three Kings give the chef a cacophonous birthday surprise
Dena Marino may be in control of what comes out of her kitchen at the Design District hot spot MC Kitchen but on Monday night at Miami Heat player Shane Battier's charity event, the cheekily and appropriately titled 'Battioke' at the Eden Roc, she had no idea she'd be celebrating her birthday on stage to a cacophonous, yet no doubt memorable, rendition of the Shai classic "If I Ever Fall In Love" by none other than LeBron James and Dwyane Wade.
But to Marino, a rabid Heat fan, it sounded like Luther Vandross, Barbra Streisand and a choir of birds chirping over a rainbow and surrounded by unicorns. Sort of. "As an avid Heat fan, there really are no words to explain my reaction to LeBron James and Dwyane Wade serenading me. It was hard to keep a straight face – my cheeks were totally flushed and I was in shock. Although my ears weren’t ringing this morning, basketball is definitely their forte! But for the record, I’ll be serenaded from them again any day."
Oh, and we give this video a NSFYE rating. (Not Safe For Your Ears). Don't say we didn't warn you.
- Jerry's Famous Deli on South Beach is now closed
- Now open: N by Naoe, Kevin Cory's new Brickell Key prix fixe lunch spot
- Ibiza club and Señor Frog's opening in South Beach?
- Umami Burger in Miami Beach closed; Blue Collar has new chef de cuisine; Phillip Bryant leaves Swine
- Khong River House experiments with new menu items
- Closed for "summer vacation": La Maison Miami
- CATCH is closed and allegedly moving to a new Miami location
- NYC-based the Chef Agency expands to Miami
- The Rumor Mill: Bal Harbour's La Goulue on way out, Stephen Starr in
- Slice of Brazil comes to life on urban farm in Fort Lauderdale