MC Kitchen's Dena Marino gets serenaded by LeBron James & D. Wade
Two of the Three Kings give the chef a cacophonous birthday surprise
Dena Marino may be in control of what comes out of her kitchen at the Design District hot spot MC Kitchen but on Monday night at Miami Heat player Shane Battier's charity event, the cheekily and appropriately titled 'Battioke' at the Eden Roc, she had no idea she'd be celebrating her birthday on stage to a cacophonous, yet no doubt memorable, rendition of the Shai classic "If I Ever Fall In Love" by none other than LeBron James and Dwyane Wade.
But to Marino, a rabid Heat fan, it sounded like Luther Vandross, Barbra Streisand and a choir of birds chirping over a rainbow and surrounded by unicorns. Sort of. "As an avid Heat fan, there really are no words to explain my reaction to LeBron James and Dwyane Wade serenading me. It was hard to keep a straight face – my cheeks were totally flushed and I was in shock. Although my ears weren’t ringing this morning, basketball is definitely their forte! But for the record, I’ll be serenaded from them again any day."
Oh, and we give this video a NSFYE rating. (Not Safe For Your Ears). Don't say we didn't warn you.
- Now open: Coconut Grove's Spasso--"Simple, honest, brutal food"
- Food Network UK star Andy Bates brings "refined British pub food" to A&E District with 3-day pop up
- Blair Wilson, Mike Isabella, Jennifer Carroll, George Pagnois headline Surfcomber food fest
- The Bridge Cocktail Bar's December takeover of The Local Craft Food & Drink
- Kevin Cory transforms NAOE sibling into N Shabu Shabu
- Alinea in Residence comes to Miami: Chef Grant Achatz to pop up at Faena Miami Beach
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant
- Update: CANCELED Brooklyn's Pies 'n' Thighs pops up at the Mondrian
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz is out at the Raleigh Hotel on South Beach