MC Kitchen's Dena Marino gets serenaded by LeBron James & D. Wade
Two of the Three Kings give the chef a cacophonous birthday surprise
Dena Marino may be in control of what comes out of her kitchen at the Design District hot spot MC Kitchen but on Monday night at Miami Heat player Shane Battier's charity event, the cheekily and appropriately titled 'Battioke' at the Eden Roc, she had no idea she'd be celebrating her birthday on stage to a cacophonous, yet no doubt memorable, rendition of the Shai classic "If I Ever Fall In Love" by none other than LeBron James and Dwyane Wade.
But to Marino, a rabid Heat fan, it sounded like Luther Vandross, Barbra Streisand and a choir of birds chirping over a rainbow and surrounded by unicorns. Sort of. "As an avid Heat fan, there really are no words to explain my reaction to LeBron James and Dwyane Wade serenading me. It was hard to keep a straight face – my cheeks were totally flushed and I was in shock. Although my ears weren’t ringing this morning, basketball is definitely their forte! But for the record, I’ll be serenaded from them again any day."
Oh, and we give this video a NSFYE rating. (Not Safe For Your Ears). Don't say we didn't warn you.
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant
- Update: CANCELED Brooklyn's Pies 'n' Thighs pops up at the Mondrian
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz is out at the Raleigh Hotel on South Beach
- Raleigh on the sale rack and Restaurant Michael Schwartz out?
- Luther Campbell hosts dinner party at Mignonette on November 11
- Chef Jeremiah & Roel Alcudia team up on gastroDobo, a 1-night Filipino pop-up in Wynwood
- GK Bistronomie bringing 'globally inspired Peruvian' cuisine to Wynwood
- Habit Burger opens in Miami, donates first-week proceeds to charity
- 'Chopped' champ Mathias Gervais opening modern Asian restaurant at The Setai