Mayor visits watchmaking event
For Art Basel
The Freedom Tower alligators took over the Mandarin Oriental on Thursday night for an evening celebrating arts in general featuring Girard-Perregaux's watchmaking on the beach, Miami beats, interactive video installations by Vimeo winner Sweatshoppe and cigar rolling by Alec Bradley. Tomás Regalado, Mayor of the City of Miami, joined the festivities and was presented with a Girard-Perregaux FOReverglades limited edition watch by CEO Michele Sofisti for the city of Miami. “We thank the city of Miami for welcoming us into their beautiful home and congratulate them on their achievements with Art Week.”
On Our Radar
- Madonna concert dates in Miami changed
- Christina Milian models in Miami Beach
- What's up with Ryan Tannehill's mega contract?
- Instacart: An easier way to get groceries?
- Tony Romo eats his way through Miami
- Phil Collins in town
- Adrian Grenier guest of honor at magazine party
- Kings of Chaos at Hard Rock Live
- Joe Pepitone biopic penned by local screenwriters
- Talking to Beyonce's fitness guru Marco Borges