Mayim Bialik's perfect day job
Mayim Bialik has the perfect gig. Her new role, as Amy in CBS' The Big Bang Theory, comes with a light work schedule. It's ideal for a mom of two who home-schools and tutors children in her sp...
Mayim Bialik has the perfect gig.
''Believe or not, being an actor I have more time to spend with my family,'' she explained via phone. ''I have a degree in neuroscience, and if I was doing research or working as a professor, I would probably never see my children.''
Big Bang also stars Sara Gilbert and Johnny Galecki. Oddly enough, Galecki played a boyfriend of Bialik on Blossom and Gilbert on Roseanne. ``He kissed me first and Sara second.''
Nowadays, there's not much smooching on set. ``It's a smart show, and we have good times together.''
But don't expect an Amy/Sheldon romance anytime soon. ``They both seem to be happy the way things are.''
Either way, Bialik is content. ``I'm honestly glad to be working. It's really been fun so far.''
-- MICAELA HOOD
On Our Radar
- Giving advice on the modeling industry
- Maks Chmerkovskiy dancing into town
- Want to buy Scottie Pippen's house?
- Meet Jason Taylor at Macy's
- Popular TV anchor Louis Aguirre leaving Miami for Hollywood gig
- Diana Ross headlining annual gala
- Duran Duran movie coming to Miami Beach Cinematheque
- Tryouts for Estefan musical at Arsht
- Erasure kicks off its world tour at The Fillmore
- Bon Jovi rocker Tico Torres a SoBe fixture