Mayim Bialik's perfect day job
Mayim Bialik has the perfect gig. Her new role, as Amy in CBS' The Big Bang Theory, comes with a light work schedule. It's ideal for a mom of two who home-schools and tutors children in her sp...
Mayim Bialik has the perfect gig.
''Believe or not, being an actor I have more time to spend with my family,'' she explained via phone. ''I have a degree in neuroscience, and if I was doing research or working as a professor, I would probably never see my children.''
Big Bang also stars Sara Gilbert and Johnny Galecki. Oddly enough, Galecki played a boyfriend of Bialik on Blossom and Gilbert on Roseanne. ``He kissed me first and Sara second.''
Nowadays, there's not much smooching on set. ``It's a smart show, and we have good times together.''
But don't expect an Amy/Sheldon romance anytime soon. ``They both seem to be happy the way things are.''
Either way, Bialik is content. ``I'm honestly glad to be working. It's really been fun so far.''
-- MICAELA HOOD
On Our Radar
- World Cup champ Kelley O'Hara at the W
- Wilmer Valderrama in Miami
- Vanilla Ice headed to the Design District?
- Thrive Seminar, Nelson Foundation will award local entrepreneur $10,000 on Thursday on Miami Beach
- Comedian Jo Koy at Magic City Casino
- Want to get gorgeous fast? Glamsquad is one solution
- Puff Daddy and pals to take stage at Fontainebleau
- Miami Marlins star Giancarlo Stanton single & looking
- Brandon Flowers cancels Fillmore concert
- Zac Efron makes surprise visit to Regal, spins at Grand Central