Mayim Bialik's perfect day job
Mayim Bialik has the perfect gig. Her new role, as Amy in CBS' The Big Bang Theory, comes with a light work schedule. It's ideal for a mom of two who home-schools and tutors children in her sp...
Mayim Bialik has the perfect gig.
''Believe or not, being an actor I have more time to spend with my family,'' she explained via phone. ''I have a degree in neuroscience, and if I was doing research or working as a professor, I would probably never see my children.''
Big Bang also stars Sara Gilbert and Johnny Galecki. Oddly enough, Galecki played a boyfriend of Bialik on Blossom and Gilbert on Roseanne. ``He kissed me first and Sara second.''
Nowadays, there's not much smooching on set. ``It's a smart show, and we have good times together.''
But don't expect an Amy/Sheldon romance anytime soon. ``They both seem to be happy the way things are.''
Either way, Bialik is content. ``I'm honestly glad to be working. It's really been fun so far.''
-- MICAELA HOOD
On Our Radar
- Bryan "Birdman" Williams pays up
- Luis Miguel takes a bath in real estate deal
- Michael Buble's Instagram post criticized
- Estefans’ star search is over for ‘On Your Feet’
- Artist Romero Britto sues Apple
- Dave Chappelle parties, Bow Wow holds court
- Mario Lopez serves as grand marshal at Miami Beach Gay Pride parade
- Here's your chance to audition for 'La Banda"
- Scott Eastwood talks 'The Longest Ride' from ranch in Davie
- Shaggy talks new single, Brian Williams and state of reggae