Mayim Bialik's perfect day job
Mayim Bialik has the perfect gig. Her new role, as Amy in CBS' The Big Bang Theory, comes with a light work schedule. It's ideal for a mom of two who home-schools and tutors children in her sp...
Mayim Bialik has the perfect gig.
''Believe or not, being an actor I have more time to spend with my family,'' she explained via phone. ''I have a degree in neuroscience, and if I was doing research or working as a professor, I would probably never see my children.''
Big Bang also stars Sara Gilbert and Johnny Galecki. Oddly enough, Galecki played a boyfriend of Bialik on Blossom and Gilbert on Roseanne. ``He kissed me first and Sara second.''
Nowadays, there's not much smooching on set. ``It's a smart show, and we have good times together.''
But don't expect an Amy/Sheldon romance anytime soon. ``They both seem to be happy the way things are.''
Either way, Bialik is content. ``I'm honestly glad to be working. It's really been fun so far.''
-- MICAELA HOOD
On Our Radar
- 3 rare pre-embargo Cuban cigars to buy in Miami
- How to get the celebrity bikini body you crave
- Luis Guzman in Miami: Spanish is easier than French
- Miami artist Becky Rosa unveils massive public art installation at Wynwood gallery
- Antonio Banderas: I have an attachment to Miami
- Runway Reviews from Miami Fashion Week 2016
- Do you live in one of the most stressed out places in Florida?
- Gwen Stefani's having trouble selling tickets for tour
- Miami Fashion Week arrives with new celebs and a fresh vision
- 5 things to know about 2 Chainz