Mayim Bialik is a geek and plays one on TV
Big Bang Theory star at FIU for chat
Be starstruck and learn something at the same time when FIU hosts a lecture by actress and scientist Mayim Bialik, known for her roles on Blossom and more recently, as lovestruck geek Dr. Amy Fowler in The Big Bang Theory at 6 p.m. Monday.
In her talk, entitled “The Big Bang Theory: Making Science Cool (& Funny),” Bialik, 38, will discuss her personal experience as a neuroscientist to explore her role on the hit CBS Chuck Lorre-produced show and will also address her research into behavioral development. Bialik is the real deal: She received her B.S. degree in Neuroscience and Hebrew and Jewish Studies from UCLA in 2000 and a Ph.D. in Neuroscience in 2007, specializing in obsessive-compulsive disorder in adolescents. Let’s hope she also gives some hints as to where her relationship with the often-infuriating Sheldon Cooper ( Jim Parsons) is headed. Wolfe University Center Ballroom, 3000 NE 151st St., North Miami; 305-919-5680; Visit sgabbcmayimbialik.eventbrite.com or call 305-919-5680.
On Our Radar
- Rap mogul Birdman dating Toni Braxton
- Sarah Jessica Parker popping in to Bloomingdale's Aventura
- 3 rare pre-embargo Cuban cigars to buy in Miami
- How to get the celebrity bikini body you crave
- Luis Guzman in Miami: Spanish is easier than French
- Miami artist Becky Rosa unveils massive public art installation at Wynwood gallery
- Antonio Banderas: I have an attachment to Miami
- Runway Reviews from Miami Fashion Week 2016
- Do you live in one of the most stressed out places in Florida?
- Gwen Stefani's having trouble selling tickets for tour