Mayim Bialik is a geek and plays one on TV
Big Bang Theory star at FIU for chat
Be starstruck and learn something at the same time when FIU hosts a lecture by actress and scientist Mayim Bialik, known for her roles on Blossom and more recently, as lovestruck geek Dr. Amy Fowler in The Big Bang Theory at 6 p.m. Monday.
In her talk, entitled “The Big Bang Theory: Making Science Cool (& Funny),” Bialik, 38, will discuss her personal experience as a neuroscientist to explore her role on the hit CBS Chuck Lorre-produced show and will also address her research into behavioral development. Bialik is the real deal: She received her B.S. degree in Neuroscience and Hebrew and Jewish Studies from UCLA in 2000 and a Ph.D. in Neuroscience in 2007, specializing in obsessive-compulsive disorder in adolescents. Let’s hope she also gives some hints as to where her relationship with the often-infuriating Sheldon Cooper ( Jim Parsons) is headed. Wolfe University Center Ballroom, 3000 NE 151st St., North Miami; 305-919-5680; Visit sgabbcmayimbialik.eventbrite.com or call 305-919-5680.
On Our Radar
- Mario Chalmers: It's going to be an exciting Miami Heat season
- Spied around Miami: ARod, Katy Perry's ex, Shaq
- Million Dollar Listing Miami in trouble?
- Dwayne "The Rock Johnson filming football show in Miami
- Sofia Vergara & Joe Mangianello continue romance-fest in Miami
- Maria Menounos talks new show, book and dieting
- Is Star Island losing its luster?
- Keith Richards' daughter Alexandra spins for crowd
- Models & bottles: Leonardo DiCaprio does Miami Beach
- The Rock literally battles it out in new movie Hercules