Mayim Bialik is a geek and plays one on TV
Big Bang Theory star at FIU for chat
Be starstruck and learn something at the same time when FIU hosts a lecture by actress and scientist Mayim Bialik, known for her roles on Blossom and more recently, as lovestruck geek Dr. Amy Fowler in The Big Bang Theory at 6 p.m. Monday.
In her talk, entitled “The Big Bang Theory: Making Science Cool (& Funny),” Bialik, 38, will discuss her personal experience as a neuroscientist to explore her role on the hit CBS Chuck Lorre-produced show and will also address her research into behavioral development. Bialik is the real deal: She received her B.S. degree in Neuroscience and Hebrew and Jewish Studies from UCLA in 2000 and a Ph.D. in Neuroscience in 2007, specializing in obsessive-compulsive disorder in adolescents. Let’s hope she also gives some hints as to where her relationship with the often-infuriating Sheldon Cooper ( Jim Parsons) is headed. Wolfe University Center Ballroom, 3000 NE 151st St., North Miami; 305-919-5680; Visit sgabbcmayimbialik.eventbrite.com or call 305-919-5680.
On Our Radar
- Jingle Ball lineup includes big music names
- Stars come out for Book of Life premiere
- Launch of new Arts & Entertainment District features free coffee on Wednesdays
- Report: Miami ranks No. 1 for attractive people, nightclubs and singles scene
- CIndy Crawford does cocktails in Miami
- One Direction's Harry Styles does Miami
- For sale: LeBron James' Miami mansion
- Isabella Rossellini bringing 'Green Porno' to Fillmore
- It's official: Dwyane Wade has custody of his nephew
- Attend a Miami Vice discussion