¡MAYDAY! album release
¡MAYDAY! performs in celebration of its new album at Transit Lounge on October 9.
¡MAYDAY! "Stuck On An Island" album release party
October 9, 2010
729 SW 1st Ave.
Miami, FL 33130
Tickets: $10 for admission and a copy of "Stuck On An Island"
Heard good things about ¡MAYDAY!? Seen them in several of Lil Wayne's videos, and wondered what they're about?
Well if you aren't hip to Miami's most eclectic band, Saturday is the perfect day to get familiar. The sextet will be holding an album release party for its sophomore set, Stuck On An Island, on October 9 at the intimate and always fun Transit Lounge in Miami.
But this isn't just sitting on a couch listening to the disc play. The group will rock the house with what's sure to be a fiery performance, and they'll have help from some friends: Legendary Queens rapper N.O.R.E, 305's own Ghostwridah, and T-Pain underling Tay Dizm.
The hip-hop (and much more) group burst onto the scene in 2007 with the Cee-Lo Green-assisted "Groundhog Day" and its self-titled debut album. Since then, they've dropped three excellent EPs and played virtually every club and venue in Miami (including opening for Public Enemy and B.o.B in recent weeks).
Stuck On An Island, set to be released on October 12, is the culmination of years of hard work. Fans will recognize frequently performed songs like "Fire," "Pass The 45" and "Technology," but the album also includes plenty of new material, including the haunting electro jam "I'll Be Gone" and the infectious rocker "Worst Case Scenario," featuring The Roots-affiliated Money Making Jam Boyz.
$10 will not only gain you admission to the album release show, but also get you a special advanced copy of Stuck On An Island.
In the meanwhile, you can check out their recently released mixtape, Lords Of The Fly, for free courtesy of DJ Booth.
Music in Miami
- Erykah Badu, Run DMC and Sheila E. highlight Jazz in the Gardens 10th anniversary line-up
- Roberto Rodriguez Quartet performs at the Olympia Theater's jazz series
- Virginia Key GrassRoots Festival Announces Lineup
- Jacob Jeffries performs Wednesday at CANVAS in downtown Miami
- Fleetwood Mac’s reunion with Christine McVie akin to ‘performance art,’ band’s founder says
- Phil Collins unable to sing Saturday night at his foundation’s gala on Miami Beach
- The Hot Sardines bring infectious jazz sound to South Miami on Saturday
- Phillip Phillips brings raspy rock to Seminole Hard Rock on Saturday
- Review: Pitbull, Enrique Igelsias celebrate Miami at sold out concert
- American Authors bring alt-rock sound to Revolution