¡MAYDAY! album release
¡MAYDAY! performs in celebration of its new album at Transit Lounge on October 9.
Heard good things about ¡MAYDAY!? Seen them in several of Lil Wayne's videos, and wondered what they're about?
Well if you aren't hip to Miami's most eclectic band, Saturday is the perfect day to get familiar. The sextet will be holding an album release party for its sophomore set, Stuck On An Island, on October 9 at the intimate and always fun Transit Lounge in Miami.
But this isn't just sitting on a couch listening to the disc play. The group will rock the house with what's sure to be a fiery performance, and they'll have help from some friends: Legendary Queens rapper N.O.R.E, 305's own Ghostwridah, and T-Pain underling Tay Dizm.
The hip-hop (and much more) group burst onto the scene in 2007 with the Cee-Lo Green-assisted "Groundhog Day" and its self-titled debut album. Since then, they've dropped three excellent EPs and played virtually every club and venue in Miami (including opening for Public Enemy and B.o.B in recent weeks).
Stuck On An Island, set to be released on October 12, is the culmination of years of hard work. Fans will recognize frequently performed songs like "Fire," "Pass The 45" and "Technology," but the album also includes plenty of new material, including the haunting electro jam "I'll Be Gone" and the infectious rocker "Worst Case Scenario," featuring The Roots-affiliated Money Making Jam Boyz.
$10 will not only gain you admission to the album release show, but also get you a special advanced copy of Stuck On An Island.
In the meanwhile, you can check out their recently released mixtape, Lords Of The Fly, for free courtesy of DJ Booth.
¡MAYDAY! "Stuck On An Island" album release party
October 9, 2010
729 SW 1st Ave.
Miami, FL 33130
Tickets: $10 for admission and a copy of "Stuck On An Island"
Music in Miami
- 11 South Florida musical acts you should know
- Top 10 pop music concerts in South Florida
- Nu Deco Ensemble, Miami's 21st Century Orchestra, announces second season and it is massive
- Miami Latin funk band Suenalo to play free concert at Ball & Chain
- Miami Soul weekend guide: DanceAfrica Miami Reception, Juneteenth Miami Music Festival, Colors of the Caribbean
- Best of the Best returns for the tenth year with dancehall and reggae stars
- 2016 Summer Music Concert Guide for South Florida
- 7 reasons to see Andy Grammer at the Fontainebleau this Saturday
- Up-and-coming country star Kelsea Ballerini ready to take Tortuga Music Festival by storm this week
- Concert Review: Pearl Jam Packs a Punch at American Airlines Arena