¡MAYDAY! album release
¡MAYDAY! performs in celebration of its new album at Transit Lounge on October 9.
¡MAYDAY! "Stuck On An Island" album release party
October 9, 2010
729 SW 1st Ave.
Miami, FL 33130
Tickets: $10 for admission and a copy of "Stuck On An Island"
Heard good things about ¡MAYDAY!? Seen them in several of Lil Wayne's videos, and wondered what they're about?
Well if you aren't hip to Miami's most eclectic band, Saturday is the perfect day to get familiar. The sextet will be holding an album release party for its sophomore set, Stuck On An Island, on October 9 at the intimate and always fun Transit Lounge in Miami.
But this isn't just sitting on a couch listening to the disc play. The group will rock the house with what's sure to be a fiery performance, and they'll have help from some friends: Legendary Queens rapper N.O.R.E, 305's own Ghostwridah, and T-Pain underling Tay Dizm.
The hip-hop (and much more) group burst onto the scene in 2007 with the Cee-Lo Green-assisted "Groundhog Day" and its self-titled debut album. Since then, they've dropped three excellent EPs and played virtually every club and venue in Miami (including opening for Public Enemy and B.o.B in recent weeks).
Stuck On An Island, set to be released on October 12, is the culmination of years of hard work. Fans will recognize frequently performed songs like "Fire," "Pass The 45" and "Technology," but the album also includes plenty of new material, including the haunting electro jam "I'll Be Gone" and the infectious rocker "Worst Case Scenario," featuring The Roots-affiliated Money Making Jam Boyz.
$10 will not only gain you admission to the album release show, but also get you a special advanced copy of Stuck On An Island.
In the meanwhile, you can check out their recently released mixtape, Lords Of The Fly, for free courtesy of DJ Booth.
Music in Miami
- Beat Camp workshop provides opportunities for aspiring songwriters, music producers
- Carly Rae Jepsen talks about her upcoming show at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach
- Ben Taylor performs in Miami Beach
- Sweatstock Block Party showcases local, independent music in Miami
- Esperanza Spalding presides over a night of soulful jazz in Miami this Friday
- Tortuga Music Festival in Fort Lauderdale offers something for everyone — even the sea turtles
- ‘American Idol’ star Adam Lambert headlines Sunday at Miami Beach Gay Pride
- Concert review: Taylor Swift in Miami
- Alicia Keys eyes Miami to ‘Set the World on Fire’ on latest tour this Saturday
- Fantasia Barrino comes to Miami to perform at Jazz in the Gardens