Matisyahu ready to rap and roll
Everybody’s favorite Hasidic rapper is coming back into town. Matisyahu, best known for Top 40 beboppy reggae mix King Without a Crown, will play the Adrienne Arsht C...
Everybody’s favorite Hasidic rapper is coming back into town. Matisyahu, best known for Top 40 beboppy reggae mix King Without a Crown, will play the Adrienne Arsht Center Saturday night.
“Fire spitters, juggling, hula hoops, and acrobats all being performed to the music of rainforest sounds,” joked Matisyahu from Vancouver, where he is shooting the scifi thriller Dibbuk Box, with Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Kyra Sedgwick. “Seriously, they can expect to hear me perform my songs acoustic and maybe bring up a special guest or two. It’s more of a laidback environment than a rock show so come ready to listen, not dance.”
Hugh MacLeod is all about Valentine’s Day. The local artist teamed up with dating site eHarmony for a few cartoons that romantics can send as virtual valentines. For example, After I Met You, features a heart in two states – in and out of love.
MacLeod runs Gaping Void Gallery in Miami Beach. And yes, the eHarmony member, 45, is single and looking.
Congrats to Amanda Carbajales, a fifth grader at St. Kevin Catholic School. The 11-year-old and her 10-year-old partner D’Angelo Castro, a student at Sunset Lakes Elementary, were named the best dance act in America on the Live to Dance finale Wednesday night. The pint-sized ballroom dancing pair took home $250,000 to split, as well as the honor of being named the CBS talent show’s first winners.
LTD viewers voted for the final three acts, but D’Angelo and Amanda, who met at Doral-based Dance Town Studios, clinched the prize. The cuties even made head judge Paula Abdul cry.
On Our Radar
- Telenovela hunk William Levy hits the big screen
- Local Bachelor Juan Pablo takes it slow
- Supermodel Nina Agdal to make in store appearance
- Rumor mill: Shakira switches brokers midstream
- Local cake makers get reality show, 'Divas del Azucar'
- Wilmer Valderrama will judge Calle Ocho fashion show
- John Turturro to be honored at MIFF
- Cadillac V-series Challenge puts pro golfers, VIPs on the fast track at Homestead-Miami Speedway
- Oprah's Fisher Island home sells again
- Shirley MacLaine to appear at Miami International Film Fest