Matisyahu ready to rap and roll
Playing the Arsht
Everybody’s favorite Hasidic rapper is coming back into town. Matisyahu, best known for Top 40 beboppy reggae mix King Without a Crown, will play the Arsht Center Saturday night. The Pennsylvania native, 31, will play stuff off his relatively new album, Light, which features One Day, used as NBC’s official anthem during last year’s winter Olympics. He promised a great mix of new and old. As for what to expect from the show: “Fire spitters, juggling, hoola hoops, and acrobats all being performed to the music of rainforest sounds,” joked Matisyahu from Vancouver, where he is shooting a movie (hush, hush; more details to come, but it’s a thriller).”Seriously, they can expect to hear me perform my songs acoustic and maybe a special guest or two. It’s more of a laid back environment than a rock show so come ready to listen, not dance.”
On Our Radar
- David Beckham canvasing Miami again?
- Paris Hilton on the red carpet
- Kathie Lee Gifford at Boca Bachannal
- Ex Real Housewives of Miami star arrested
- Local chef a contestant on 'Hell's Kitchen'
- Big Bang Theory star Jim Parsons in Miami
- Dan Aykroyd making stops in Broward
- Scott Disick set to appear at Crazy Horse in Pompano Beach
- Toni Braxton meets up with the Wades at benefit
- Sir Richard Branson takes in Formula E