Matisyahu ready to rap and roll
Playing the Arsht
Everybody’s favorite Hasidic rapper is coming back into town. Matisyahu, best known for Top 40 beboppy reggae mix King Without a Crown, will play the Arsht Center Saturday night. The Pennsylvania native, 31, will play stuff off his relatively new album, Light, which features One Day, used as NBC’s official anthem during last year’s winter Olympics. He promised a great mix of new and old. As for what to expect from the show: “Fire spitters, juggling, hoola hoops, and acrobats all being performed to the music of rainforest sounds,” joked Matisyahu from Vancouver, where he is shooting a movie (hush, hush; more details to come, but it’s a thriller).”Seriously, they can expect to hear me perform my songs acoustic and maybe a special guest or two. It’s more of a laid back environment than a rock show so come ready to listen, not dance.”
On Our Radar
- Spied around Miami: ARod, Katy Perry's ex, Shaq
- Million Dollar Listing Miami in trouble?
- Dwayne "The Rock Johnson filming football show in Miami
- Sofia Vergara & Joe Mangianello continue romance-fest in Miami
- Maria Menounos talks new show, book and dieting
- Is Star Island losing its luster?
- Keith Richards' daughter Alexandra spins for crowd
- Models & bottles: Leonardo DiCaprio does Miami Beach
- The Rock literally battles it out in new movie Hercules
- Mario Lopez parties on yacht in Miami Beach