Marlon Wayans visits W to talk up new movie
A Haunted House
Marlon Wayans was in town last week visiting at the W South Beach Hotel on Collins Avenue to talk up his upcoming movie, A Haunted House. Think a "Found Footage" cross between Scary Movie and Paranormal Activity. "I wanted to call it Paranormal Blacktivity but we didn't think the white people would go for that!" said Wayans from the hotel. Wayans thought the sendup concept was funny plus, "A man's gotta work!"
The official description as per the studio: The movie features young couple Malcolm (Wayans) and Kisha (Essence Atkins) who have just moved in to their dream house. As they settle in, they quickly find they’re not alone. But it’s not the house that’s haunted, it’s Malcolm’s girlfriend who is possessed by a demon. Malcolm hires everyone from a priest to modern day Ghostbusters to rid her of this unwelcome intruder, determined not to let the evil spirit ruin his relationship…or, more importantly, his sex life.
Official Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J50vA5VLR6k
It's out Jan. 11.
On Our Radar
- Rumor mill: Shakira switches brokers midstream
- Local cake makers get reality show, 'Divas del Azucar'
- Wilmer Valderrama will judge Calle Ocho fashion show
- John Turturro to be honored at MIFF
- Cadillac V-series Challenge puts pro golfers, VIPs on the fast track at Homestead-Miami Speedway
- Oprah's Fisher Island home sells again
- Shirley MacLaine to appear at Miami International Film Fest
- Beckhams won't move into Versace mansion
- Celeb spotting: Prime 112 sees a lot of action
- Emilio Estefan movie to have world premiere