Marlon Wayans visits W to talk up new movie
A Haunted House
Marlon Wayans was in town last week visiting at the W South Beach Hotel on Collins Avenue to talk up his upcoming movie, A Haunted House. Think a "Found Footage" cross between Scary Movie and Paranormal Activity. "I wanted to call it Paranormal Blacktivity but we didn't think the white people would go for that!" said Wayans from the hotel. Wayans thought the sendup concept was funny plus, "A man's gotta work!"
The official description as per the studio: The movie features young couple Malcolm (Wayans) and Kisha (Essence Atkins) who have just moved in to their dream house. As they settle in, they quickly find they’re not alone. But it’s not the house that’s haunted, it’s Malcolm’s girlfriend who is possessed by a demon. Malcolm hires everyone from a priest to modern day Ghostbusters to rid her of this unwelcome intruder, determined not to let the evil spirit ruin his relationship…or, more importantly, his sex life.
Official Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J50vA5VLR6k
It's out Jan. 11.
On Our Radar
- Here's the buzz: Honey is a sweet trend
- DJ Irie, the official DJ for the Miami Heat, takes us inside the NBA Finals
- Chef gives tips on enjoying a unique July 4
- You're invited to Nordstrom's Beauty Bash
- Karent Sierra headed to jail (not really)
- Lil Wayne finally pays up
- Boca Raton native Ariana Grande: lots going on
- Target teams with Lauren Bush's Feed Project
- One Direction surprises fans on Miami Beach
- Band WAR playing at Magic City Casino