Catch some baseball as the Marlins take on the Mets
Haven’t been to a Marlins game yet this season? You’re probably like most South Floridians then. Don’t fret, you can catch the Fish take on the Mets on Tuesday, August 25.
By Solange Reyner
Haven’t been to a Marlins game yet this season? You’re probably like most South Floridians then.
Don’t fret, you can catch the Fish take on the Mets in a three-game series at Landshark Stadium beginning on Tuesday, August 25.
The Marlins currently stand eight games behind Philadelphia in the National League east as they try to make a playoff push. The Mets are 16.5 behind, but look to play the spoiler role against their NL foes.
Mets' ace Johan Santana won't make his scheduled start because of an ailing elbow, with Nelson Figueroa making a spot start in his place. Marlins' rookie Sean West tries to recoup from a loss in his fourth major league start.
Josh Johnson, a potential Cy Young candidate, takes the mound on Wednesday. You can watch him for nearly half the price if you sign up for the Marlins' free e-newsletter.
Landshark Stadium is located at 2269 Dan Marino Boulevard in Miami. First pitch is at 7:10.
For more details: go to www.floridamarlins.com.
See and Do
- Michael Franti & Spearhead headline music and yoga festival
- 10 things not to miss this week: Art, Marvel comics & freebie fun
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 25-27
- Absorbing and exquisitely acted, GableStage’s ‘The Whale’ is a study in connection
- ‘H2OMBRE’ brings splashy spectacle and lots of water to the Arsht Center stage
- Cinderella, robots, date night & Munchkin Fun's top 10 picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 18-20
- Overtown Music and Arts Festival 2014
- Ice cream parties, kids carnivals & Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 11-13