Catch some baseball as the Marlins take on the Mets
Haven’t been to a Marlins game yet this season? You’re probably like most South Floridians then. Don’t fret, you can catch the Fish take on the Mets on Tuesday, August 25.
By Solange Reyner
Haven’t been to a Marlins game yet this season? You’re probably like most South Floridians then.
Don’t fret, you can catch the Fish take on the Mets in a three-game series at Landshark Stadium beginning on Tuesday, August 25.
The Marlins currently stand eight games behind Philadelphia in the National League east as they try to make a playoff push. The Mets are 16.5 behind, but look to play the spoiler role against their NL foes.
Mets' ace Johan Santana won't make his scheduled start because of an ailing elbow, with Nelson Figueroa making a spot start in his place. Marlins' rookie Sean West tries to recoup from a loss in his fourth major league start.
Josh Johnson, a potential Cy Young candidate, takes the mound on Wednesday. You can watch him for nearly half the price if you sign up for the Marlins' free e-newsletter.
Landshark Stadium is located at 2269 Dan Marino Boulevard in Miami. First pitch is at 7:10.
For more details: go to www.floridamarlins.com.
See and Do
- Super 8 Motels is ditching its old art and it can be yours
- 7 Reactions Cuban Americans Had to Fidel Castro’s Death
- Events in Miami in December 2016
- Courtney Love can now scratch musical theater off her bucket list
- Five Things to do After Stuffing Yourself on Thanksgiving
- All the feels locals have during Art Basel
- Weekend events in Miami that won't leave you broke - Nov. 18-20
- Six Things you didn’t know about Miami Children’s Museum
- Robot bartenders and a 10-story slide. That’s life on the world's biggest cruise ship
- Miami's coolest events courtesy of Prism Creative Group - Nov. 15-30