Catch some baseball as the Marlins take on the Mets
Haven’t been to a Marlins game yet this season? You’re probably like most South Floridians then. Don’t fret, you can catch the Fish take on the Mets on Tuesday, August 25.
By Solange Reyner
Haven’t been to a Marlins game yet this season? You’re probably like most South Floridians then.
Don’t fret, you can catch the Fish take on the Mets in a three-game series at Landshark Stadium beginning on Tuesday, August 25.
The Marlins currently stand eight games behind Philadelphia in the National League east as they try to make a playoff push. The Mets are 16.5 behind, but look to play the spoiler role against their NL foes.
Mets' ace Johan Santana won't make his scheduled start because of an ailing elbow, with Nelson Figueroa making a spot start in his place. Marlins' rookie Sean West tries to recoup from a loss in his fourth major league start.
Josh Johnson, a potential Cy Young candidate, takes the mound on Wednesday. You can watch him for nearly half the price if you sign up for the Marlins' free e-newsletter.
Landshark Stadium is located at 2269 Dan Marino Boulevard in Miami. First pitch is at 7:10.
For more details: go to www.floridamarlins.com.
See and Do
- YoungArts kicks off Outside the Box series with a show by musician Dave Eggar
- Carbonell winners take the stage at South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center
- Pumpkin patches, parties and trick-or-treating: Munchkin Fun's 2014 Halloween Guide
- MIFFecito: A Shot of Cinema
- Grovetoberfest brings craft beer to Miami's masses
- Playwright Vanessa Garcia tackles identity in exile in her new play 'The Cuban Spring'
- Two generations of Latin music-makers gather in Miami for Red Bull Siempre Fresco
- Trick or treating, holiday crafts & The Lego Movie: Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- Casino Night event in Coral Gables benefits at-risk children
- The Beatles arrive at HistoryMiami