Catch some baseball as the Marlins take on the Mets
Haven’t been to a Marlins game yet this season? You’re probably like most South Floridians then. Don’t fret, you can catch the Fish take on the Mets on Tuesday, August 25.
By Solange Reyner
Haven’t been to a Marlins game yet this season? You’re probably like most South Floridians then.
Don’t fret, you can catch the Fish take on the Mets in a three-game series at Landshark Stadium beginning on Tuesday, August 25.
The Marlins currently stand eight games behind Philadelphia in the National League east as they try to make a playoff push. The Mets are 16.5 behind, but look to play the spoiler role against their NL foes.
Mets' ace Johan Santana won't make his scheduled start because of an ailing elbow, with Nelson Figueroa making a spot start in his place. Marlins' rookie Sean West tries to recoup from a loss in his fourth major league start.
Josh Johnson, a potential Cy Young candidate, takes the mound on Wednesday. You can watch him for nearly half the price if you sign up for the Marlins' free e-newsletter.
Landshark Stadium is located at 2269 Dan Marino Boulevard in Miami. First pitch is at 7:10.
For more details: go to www.floridamarlins.com.
See and Do
- 2016 South Florida Firefighters Calendar hits Miami with two launch parties this weekend
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Aug. 28-30
- Regent Cocktail Club in Miami Beach teams up with Bookleggers Mobile Library for cocktail night
- Frost Museum to hold its inaugural Science Art Cinema event
- Mad Cat’s ‘Lazy Fair’ at Miami Theater Center reunites partners in crime
- 15 things to do with the kids in Miami Aug 24-30: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- PAMM Third Thursdays: Poplife Social featuring Million Young
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Aug. 21-23
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun Aug 17-23
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Aug. 14-16