Mark's Back in Broward
The Atlantic Hotel is the new Mark's Place
Mark Militello, the James Beard Award-winning chef who abruptly closed Mark's Las Olas in 2008, is back in Broward after a stint at The Regent Bal Harbour and a consulting gig with Delray Beach's The Office.
Militello is the new executive chef at The Atlantic Hotel on Fort Lauderdale beach and its fine dining restaurant, Trina.
"A new menu is in the works,'' Militello said. "It's definitely in transition.''
The restaurant may also get a new name, he said, but he isn't releasing specifics till it's all set, "in about a month.'' Militello said he plans to bring back Mark's veterans including Tom Hillan, who started with him at Caf Maxx in Pompano Beach "back when I still had hair.''
- The Atlantic Hotel opens two new restaurants in Ft. Lauderdale Beach on April 4
- Weston's D’Angelo Pizza launches 12 for $12 lunch special
- Tsukuro launches "Lucky You" happy hour
- BC Cafe hosts beer pairing dinner March 29
- Grille 401 debuts sushi & sake bar on Las Olas
- Paula DaSilva hosts a three-month "Spring Awakening" brunch series at 3030 Ocean
- SAIA celebrates National Noodle Month with 25% off pad Thai shrimp
- Bite into something new this Feb: Restaurant openings in Wynwood, Fort Lauderdale & Aventura
- Toast National Margarita Day Feb 22
- SAIA woos AIA marathoners with a Feb 16 feast