Mark's Back in Broward
The Atlantic Hotel is the new Mark's Place
Mark Militello, the James Beard Award-winning chef who abruptly closed Mark's Las Olas in 2008, is back in Broward after a stint at The Regent Bal Harbour and a consulting gig with Delray Beach's The Office.
Militello is the new executive chef at The Atlantic Hotel on Fort Lauderdale beach and its fine dining restaurant, Trina.
"A new menu is in the works,'' Militello said. "It's definitely in transition.''
The restaurant may also get a new name, he said, but he isn't releasing specifics till it's all set, "in about a month.'' Militello said he plans to bring back Mark's veterans including Tom Hillan, who started with him at Caf Maxx in Pompano Beach "back when I still had hair.''
- Casa d'Angelo hosts Brunello wine dinner June 26
- Steak 954 hosts war of the wines dinner series June 27
- Fort Lauderdale's Hot & Soul serves up global comfort food
- Sustainable seafood stars at Wild Sea on Las Olas
- The BOL brings an "elevated Asian experience" to Seminole Hard Rock
- Steak 954 hosts a "Bourbon on the Brain" fundraiser
- Amatsu brings "heavenly" sushi to the Westin Fort Lauderdale
- Get Festive: Blues, Brews & BBQ and Las Olas Wine & Food 2013
- Wild Sea Oyster Bar brings seafood to Fort Lauderdale's Riverside Hotel
- Margate's Fusion Latin Cuisine celebrates its grand opening March 21